Chapter 9

*Noah POV*

“Dude, no”

“C’mon man, it’ll be fun” Jason argues, checking his watch.

“I don’t care, I don’t want to go” I answer stubbornly.

“Why not? You haven’t hung out with anyone apart from Eleanor, who as a matter of fact, will be there tonight” he fires back at me. I look at him, finally showing interest in the conversation.

“She will?” I ask.

“Uh huh. And so will Lydia” he says, smiling as if he knows he already won the argument.

“That doesn’t matter, I can see them whenever I like” I say, crossing my arms.

“Yeah, including tonight. What have you got to lose?”

“Time” I answer. You see, college students have time. Secret undercover assassins don’t.

“Ok. Apart from time, you aren’t losing anything. You get to see girls, meet a few guys, drink a few beers and have fun. It’s just one night Noah, and I look really sad if I go alone tonight” he says.

We look at each other, neither breaking eye contact. I realise if I don’t go, I’ll just be spending the night either listening to him begging or hearing him complain about how I ruined his night. I sigh, and Jason punches the air with triumph.

“Yes. Thanks man. You’ll enjoy tonight” he says, grabbing his jacket, and going to the door.

“Whatever” I mutter, and I follow him out.

><><><><>< 

*Jason POV*

Stereotypically, if you think of a typical college party, you think of guys flirting with girls, way too much alcohol for anyone’s good, and everyone dancing to pounding music. This party… is basically that. And it is awesome!

I had heard the music before I even entered the room, and as soon as I walk in, the smell of alcohol hits me in the face. A huge group of people are dancing in the middle of the room, and I spot Ella behind them by the beer stand. She isn’t dressed like a slut, but still manages to look kind of sexy. She is wearing jeans, and a frilly top.

I walk over to her, trying to avoid spilled alcohol on the floor. I notice that Eleanor is standing next to her.

“I wasn’t sure whether you were going to turn up” Ella says, giving me a small hug. “Do you remember Eleanor?” she asks.

“Of course. You were the one who told me and Lyds that the music teacher was pregnant” I say, taking a beer.

“Lyds huh? Is that a nickname?” Eleanor asks, placing a hand on her hip.

“Yeah, I call her that. Why? What do you call her?” I ask.

“We call her Lydia. Sometimes we call her Varness” Ella answers, before taking a sip of her beer.

“I’m sorry, who do you call Varness?” Noah suddenly asks, barging into the conversation.

“Hi Noah, it’s nice to see you too” Eleanor says, smiling.

“Els, I’m so sorry, that was rude” Noah says, his facial expressions softening as he welcomes Eleanor into a hug.

“No problem” she says hugging him back. They pull back, and Noah looks around at the group. His eyes stop at Ella.

“Oh, hey Ella. How have you been?” he asks.

“I’ve been good, thanks” she answers.

“Wait, you too know each other?” I ask, looking from Noah to Ella.