Chapter 7

*Noah POV*

It has been three hours. Three freakin hours, of laughing, thumping noises and continuous phrases of ‘She’s so stupid’ and ‘He’s even more stupid than her’. It had stopped after two hours. But only for 5 minutes before it started again. And I have had enough. I storm out of the room, dropping the file on Eleanor on the floor and walk into the sitting room.

There, on the couch is Jason, who has his arm wrapped around some girl. I can’t see who as her back is to me. I look at the screen to see what they are watching, which is… Twilight?

Jason hears me walk in, and turns around. I give Jason a confused look, and he laughs and turns the volume down.

“Hey Noah, want to join us? We’re watching Twilight, and commenting on every stupid thing about it” he says.

“I’m fine thanks” I answer, even though that sounds almost fun. But I need to stay focused on my job. “Can you and your girlfriend just keep it down?” I ask. The girl quickly turns around smiling.

“I’m not his girlfriend” she says, chuckling. “I’m Lydia”

“Noah” I answer, putting my hands in my pockets.

“Sorry if we were loud Noah, it’s not my fault Edward Cullen is a 107 year old virgin” Jason says. I nod awkwardly while rocking back on my heels.

“I’m thirsty. You guys want a drink?” Jason asks, standing up.

“Coke's good" Lydia answers. Jason nods, then look at me questionably.

"I'm fine thanks" I answer.

“Just coke? Okay then” Jason answers. He walks by me and whispers, “Dude, at least try talking to her”

As Jason walks to the counter, I awkwardly sit on the couch next to Lydia.

“So…” I say, attempting to start a conversation.

“So…” she repeats.

“Do you… uh… like Twilight?” I ask awkwardly. Really Noah? Does she like Twilight? What is wrong with me?

“Is that a rhetorical question? No, I don’t. Do you?” she asks back.

“Yeah, I love Twilight. Nothing is more romantic than having a 107 year old vampire watch a 17 year old girl sleep” I answer sarcastically, surprising myself as I’m not usually a sarcastic person.

“I know. And the fact that she has to choose between a being with a vampire and a werewolf blows my mind whole” she says.

Well, I would rather be a sparkly vampire than being an assassin. I would rather watch a seventeen year old girl sleep, than kill a twenty year old. At least when Edward Cullen was being hunted, he had special vampire powers to protect himself. What do I have? Nothing. My life is based around my job, and my job is to kill. And it’s not like I can leave, unless I want to be brutally killed myself. What kind of a life is that?

“Hey, are you ok?” Lydia asks. “You blanked out for a minute”

“Yeah, I’m fine. I was just thinking how much easier Edward Cullen’s life is compared to mine” I answer. Idiot! Why would you say that? She’s just going to get confused now.

He has it easy? He sparkles in the sun, and drinks blood! I’m pretty sure your life isn’t as messed up as his”

“You would be surprised” I say.

“So you would rather be a sparkly vampire, than a normal guy?” she asks. Yeah, Normal guy my ass.

“I’m not sure if I count as a normal guy” I say.