Chapter 4

*Jason POV*

“I’m really sorry, but I can’t do this Saturday” I answer, trying to sound disappointed. Luckily, being an agent gives you enough acting skills.

“Oh, ok. How about Sunday?” she asks, fluttering her eye lashes at me. The lumps of mascara that flick off make me cringe inside.

“Um, well…”

“What my brother is trying to say, is that he’s taken. And I don’t think his boyfriend would be happy to hear about this. So you can go now” a new voice says behind me. I turn around, and a girl is standing there with her hands on her hips. I look at her and I recognise her immediately. It’s Lydia, the girl who beat up that guy. And right now, she looks pretty scary. What is she doing? We make eye contact, and I see her give a small wink. Thank God. I don’t think I can take any longer of this.

“You…? Boyfriend? I’m, I’m so sorry. I didn’t know” she says, shocked. She quickly hurries away, not looking back. I look at Lydia, and we laugh as soon as the girl leaves the room.

“Thanks for that, I owe you” I say. “Although, you couldn’t have come up with something better than that?”

“Well, at least I came up with something. And the look on her face was priceless when. And I thought it was hilarious when she was all over you. Who was she?” she asks, smiling.

“Some random girl, I don’t even know” I answer, making her laugh.

“It’s Jason, right?” she asks. I nod, and she smiles. “Good. So what are you doing here?” she asks.

“What do you mean? It’s a gym. Why wouldn’t I be here?” I ask confused.

“Well, it’s not like you exactly need any more muscle” she answers, looking at the muscle on my arms, then looking down at her slim body. Despite her being skinny, she is pretty muscly, and I can see muscle all over her arms and legs.

“Well, you’re pretty muscly yourself” I say. She probably has more muscle than the guy I live with.

“Yeah, but not like this” she says, grabbing my arm, and pinching the hard muscle, leaving a red mark. I rub it a little, as it stings slightly, and she starts laughing.

“Seriously, did that hurt? I didn’t think I could hurt a guy made purely of muscle” she teases elbowing me, which also slightly hurts. This girl is pretty strong.

“Shut up” I answer, and I elbow her back.

We end up talking… well, messing around, for nearly half an hour. She’s fun to be around. Our conversation is interrupted when my stomach rumbles. Loudly.

“Oh wow. Someone’s hungry” she says, laughing.

“Yeah” I answer sheepishly. “Do you want to go for lunch?”

“Sure” she answers. “I think I may have McDonald’s vouchers” she says, bringing a strip out of her pocket.

“And you thought it would fit well if you took them to the gym?” I ask, crossing my arms.

“Hey, be glad I did” she grins. “We get half price off all meals”

><><><><>< 

*Noah POV*

“Olivia Varness?” I ask.

“Yes, have you heard of her?” Manny asks back.

“No, never. But I’ll watch out for her” I answer. “Thanks Manny”

“No problem. Just call if you need anything” he says, before hanging up. As I walk back to the dorm, the realities of the situation hit me. She is being protected by two agents. One of whom I don’t even know the name of. And I’m not even sure who Eleanor Parkinson is. This is harder than I thought it was going to be. Not that I thought it was going to be easy in the first place.