Chapter 30: EXTRA CHAPTER - I Want You Back

Chapter 30: Extra Chapter

I Want You Back

“I had a great time,” Daniel told me as he walked me into my dorm.

“Me too,” I giggled. “It was fun.”

“So see you tomorrow in class?” he asked.

I nodded, “See you.”

He kissed my cheek and I heard someone clear their throat. I looked down the hallway to see Jack standing outside my dorm room. I waved goodbye to Daniel and he left the dorm building. I walked up to Jack.

“Who was that?” he asked.

“Someone from class.”

“You’re going out with him?”

“It was a first date,” I explained. “Why are you here? Didn’t you move to New York for college?”

He nodded, “Yes but I have to talk to you.”

“About what?” I asked.

“Can I come in?”

I sighed, “Sure.”

I opened my dorm room and set my bag on the desk. I got enough scholarships and money saved to request a single room so I would have more privacy and room to make my clothes. I cleared room on the chair so Jack could sit down and I sat on my bed.

“What are you doing here?” I asked him. “We broke up over six months ago.”

“I was wrong about what I said.”

“What part?”

“The day we broke up.”

*Flashback*

“You’re giving up on us?!”

“Don’t yell!” Jack told me.

“Don’t tell me what to do!”

“I’m not giving up on us I’m just saying a long distance relationship is really hard. It’s going to be hard trying to stay in touch with each other with our busy schedules; especially now that we’re not going to be in the same state.”

“It’s not my fault that I didn’t get into the college in New York,” I told him. “I love you. Doesn’t that mean anything?”

He put his hand on my cheek, “I love you too, but maybe we should take a break. We can both go to college and maybe we’ll find our way back to each other once we’ve figured things out.”

“Okay,” I muttered.

*End of Flashback*

“So you didn’t want to break up?” I asked.

“At the time I did, but I didn’t realize how hard it would be not to have you in my life. You weren’t just my girlfriend, you were my best friend. I could talk to you about anything and you would always be there for me. When I moved to New York I didn’t have any friends anymore. I lost touch with most of the Lovato is Louder group, basically leaving all of you guys behind. I miss you. If you don’t want to give me a second chance I’ll understand, but I’m sorry. I was wrong to break up with you. I should have just tried to work through our problems instead of ending it.”

“You were wrong, but did you really expect me to just be waiting for you? I’ve been here trying to move on and trying to get on with my life, and now you just come back expecting to take me back.”

He shook his head, “I’m not trying to force you into making a decision now. I just needed to tell you that I want you back. I tried to move on too, but the other girls aren’t like you.”

I smiled, “The boys here aren’t like you either.”

“That’s a relief to hear,” he smiled.

“How’s New York?” I changed the subject.

“It’s great. Everything you said it was. I wish you could be there with me.”

“Me too,” I admitted, “But I have to try to get my grades up here first. I’m reapplying over the summer.”

“They’d be stupid not to let you in.”

“How long are you in town?”

“The weekend.”

“Can I make you a deal?”

He smiled, “Anything.”

“I’ll give you the rest of the weekend. If you can convince me that you’re sincere, then I’ll give it another chance.”

“What about that guy?”

I smiled, “He was nice, but he was no Jack Carmichael.”

Jack stood up and held out his arms. I stood up and walked into his arms. He tightened his grip on me and held me for a while. I would have given him another chance in a second and maybe I should have, but he needs to prove himself to me. I don’t want him giving up on us again. I took in his scent as he continued to hold me and smiled. I really have missed him.

The end of the first bonus chapter!!

FEEDBACK??

please vote and comment!!

and let me know how you liked this story! :)