Chapter 29: Wouldn't Change a Thing

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It was a Mistake But I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love is Loud Enough to Stop Hate <--- this book ;)

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in Me

Author's Note: this is it. this is technically the last chapter of Maria's story. I have written a couple bonus chapters after this though so you'll get to see a couple moments after this. This chapter is really short so I'm sorry about that, but I didn't want to end it with the chapter before this. I wanted to kind of explain what happened after they graduated and stuff. 

This is the first spin-off story I've done so please vote and comment what you thought of this story!!! :)

Thank you again for the support on this series. I love getting feedback and hearing what everyone thinks of this story! <3

and follow me on twitter @StrongLovaticJB and ask me questions at ask.fm/StrongLovaticJB!! :)

Kayla has a twitter too! @itsKaylaDane

Chapter 29: Wouldn’t Change a Thing

We're like different stars (like different stars)

but you're the harmony to every song I sing

And I wouldn't change a thing.

            Jack and I broke up months before we both graduated high school. We had a great relationship, but neither one of us had faith in a long distance relationship. I didn’t get into the school in New York I wanted to get into. I was disappointed in myself until Kayla made me realize I can go to a school here for a while until I can get my grades up enough to get into the college in New York. I applied to the schools some of my friends were going to and got in. They have a great fashion program and I’m actually excited to get started.

            The rest of the high school years went beautifully. We all had our problems getting used to the new order at the school and we’re all very different, but we’ve made the Lovato is Louder group succeed more than we ever thought it would. The principal was so thankful that she put a plaque up in the hallway by the office to thank us for everything we did to stop the bullying in the school. It took a near breakdown for me to realize it wouldn’t always be like that. We’re not heroes out in the real world; except maybe Demi, Kayla, and David. We can’t leave here expecting to be treated like it. College is a whole new start I thought I was ready for. I’ve been spending my summer like I always do: in New York. I’ve been getting the same job at the clothing store every summer since I first went. Instead of using the extra money to buy clothes I’ve been saving most of it and using the rest to buy fabric so I can make my own clothes.

            I realize now that everything in my life happened for a reason. I was bullied for a reason and I was moved around for a reason. I wouldn’t be strong if I hadn’t been bullied as a kid; I wouldn’t have made all the friends I did if I didn’t move around so much. I didn’t give up like some of the other people I’ve known. I stuck by everything I believed in even if I was afraid to or even if I hid it from people for a while. Anastasia and I have still kept up our friendship. I brought her with me to New York for the summer where she decided to stay long term. She told me college wasn’t the right choice for her like it was for me. She wants to get out in the real world and start the next chapter of her life. I could see the excitement in her eyes as she looked around the city and realized it was where she belonged. I can’t wait to join her there some day.

            If I could give advice to anyone out there in the world right now all I would want to tell them is something that Demi has told her Lovatics over and over again. I would tell them to stay strong. Even in the darkest of times, even when they feel their world crashing down, even when they think they’re weak, and even when they’ve given up; stay strong. It’s hard to stay strong and you don’t want to most of the time, but all you have is right now. You’re not guaranteed a future; that’s why we’re not told what our future’s going to bring. We’re supposed to appreciate right now even if we can only think of one small thing in our life that’s good; that’s the thing we’re supposed to appreciate. That’s the thing that will keep us holding on. That’s the thing that will give us strength. We learn a lesson in everything we go through and it matures us. It forces us to grow up even if we don’t want to. I’ve grown up more in the last two years than I ever thought possible, but I wouldn’t change a thing. For the first time in my life I actually like who I’ve become. I can’t wait to see what’s in store for me next. No matter what anyone says, I’m going to make it out there in the real world. I’m going to be successful and someday I’ll be in New York City for good. I’ll prove to all the bullies that I can be successful and happy at the same time. I’ll show them how I’ve stayed strong. You should too.

THE END CHAPTER 29!!

feedback??

please vote and comment!

the story is technically over now, but I have written a couple bonus chapters. so let me know what you thought of this spin-off story!!