Chapter 26: World of Chances

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It was a Mistake But I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love is Loud Enough to Stop Hate <---- this book ;)

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in Me

Author's Note: This story is going to end a lot sooner than I think and I know you guys probably want it to last a lot longer, but i found the perfect way to end the story so I hope you guys will like it.

and a little hint: after the story ends I have a few extra chapters of moments important in Maria's life. They're not official chapters, but they are moments in her life that I thought you all would enjoy.

remember to add me on twitter @StrongLovaticJB

and talk to Kayla @itsKaylaDane

and ask me any questions on my ask.fm: ask.fm/StrongLovaticJB

Enjoy the chapter! :)

Chapter 26: World of Chances

Oh, I'm going my own way

My faith has lost its strength again

Oh, it's been too hard to say

We've fallen off the edge again

We're at an end.

            My parents gave me a list of rules the next morning; the first day of my grounding. They had specific rules I had to follow while being on my grounding. All I understood about them is that I can’t go anywhere except school and home. They even set a basket on the table requesting that I put my phone in there too. There goes the social life I just gained.

No phone.

No friends.

No Jack.

No after school activities.

No meetings with your friends on the weekend.

No music.

ONLY SCHOOL AND HOME.

I sighed and went to my room to get ready. I took a shower and changed into my school clothes. I put on more makeup than usual to cover all the bruises on my face. I put my phone in the basket before I left the house and caught the bus just before it left. The bus pulled into the school parking lot and I was one of the first ones to get off the bus. I went straight to my locker then to class without stopping to talk to anyone. I took a seat in the back of the room and rested my head on the desk. I guess getting grounded means I really have become a normal teenager again. The bullying has officially stopped for me after yesterday, but now I can’t do anything to celebrate and I can’t tell anyone what happened either. I felt someone tap my shoulder and I lifted my head. Kayla sat in the seat next to me.

“Are you okay?”

I nodded, “Just depressed.”

“Because of Jack?”

“He told you?”

She nodded.

“I didn’t ditch him,” I paused trying to think of a good lie. “I got sick and couldn’t call or tell anyone because my parents took my phone. They took me to my grandparents’ house that night without warning me and that’s where I got sick. I explained it to him yesterday after I was feeling better.”