Chapter 12: Who's That Boy?

Book 1: It Was a Mistake But I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love is Loud Enough to Stop Hate ---> THIS BOOK! :)

Book 4: That's How You Know To Believe in Me --- COMING SOON! ;) 

Note: I probably won't be able to update for a few weeks after this because I don't have the next chapters written and I have a lot of homework, but I will try my hardest. 

enjoy and remember to vote and comment! :)

Chapter 12: Who’s That Boy?

            I didn’t know what to expect when I came to school on Friday. I walked into school and by the time I got to my locker I had heard that Kayla’s been gone all week. The students whispered as they saw my broken leg. The rumor is that Kayla and I have been gone because we’ve been hanging out together. I shook my head. They’re too stupid to realize that Kayla hasn’t been here all week, and I’ve only been gone two days.

            Suddenly their eyes all turned towards the door. The crowds dispersed and made an aisle down the middle of the hallway. Kayla appeared, but I still didn’t understand why everyone thought that was so interesting. Then a guy appeared next to her. David Stanley. I’ve been a fan of him for years. He followed Kayla to her locker and they talked quietly to each other. They were only there for a few minutes before going into the history classroom and closing the door behind them.

            Maybe David being here would take the attention and bullying off me. I wonder how Kayla knows David. It doesn’t make any sense. The bell rang and I grabbed my books. The history door opened and students piled inside. I sat in my seat quietly, but all the other girls started screeching and trying to get David’s attention.  Our teacher soon quieted them.

“Okay students, now before Demi comes out, Kayla has an announcement to make.”

            I saw a piece of paper being thrown at Kayla and I turned my gaze to see who it was even though I was already pretty sure who it was. Sure enough Zane was laughing with all his other friends. Kayla turned to look at David and walked up to him and gave him the note.

What I didn’t expect was for David to read it out loud, “Why were you gone so long? Busy trying to get rid of the evidence? We all know you’re the troublemaker… did you cut?”

I expected the teacher to be the first one to yell, but to my surprise, David was.

“You think bullying is okay?! Good thing I came when I did because thanks to you, I almost had a funeral to go to. You guys almost bullied my sister here to death!”

            I gasped along with the rest of the class. That’s why David is here. It has nothing to do with Demi being here, but Kayla. David is Kayla’s brother. I wanted to screech in excitement. Finally Kayla is getting help. Maybe this means she won’t stand for the bullying anymore. I wanted to go up and hug her, but I kept my head down and smiled to myself.

“That’s right,” David said. “Kayla is my sister. Yes she cut and didn’t eat, but did it ever occur to you why? You didn’t get to know her long enough to find out!”

Kayla stopped David, “David, I can handle it from here.”

            David nodded and Kayla turned to face us. She looks different today. She doesn’t have a large hoodie on and her hair looks like it’s been brushed through. She looks healthier than she’s been in years. Kayla must have gotten distracted because David bumped her to continue.