Chapter 47

(3rd PoV, several months later)

"We could compete in the Grand Magic Games!" Romeo exclaimed.

After Natsu's and Max's battle, Natsu was going on about how weak they've gotten.

Which made Romeo bring up the subject of the Grand Magic Games.

"We can't compete in the Grand Magic Games!" Droy exclaimed.

"We'll get squashed!" Jet said.

"Hold on. What's the Grand Magic Games?" Lucy asked.

"The Grand Magic Games is a huge event that is held in Crocus, the capital. It is made up of different events. Every guild in Fiore competes for the title of the strongest guild in all of Fiore. Each guild competes against each other in the events." Macao explained.

"That sounds awesome!" Natsu yelled excitedly.

"We're the strongest guild right?" He asked.

Everyone besides the Tenrou team became quiet.

"Not exactly." Romeo said.

"Fairy Tail holds the title of the weakest guild." (Y/N) said as she looked at the ground.

"What?!"

--------------

"How are we the weakest guild?!" Lucy asked.

"Guys, you all disappeared for 7 years. You were the strongest wizards in Fairy Tail. Since you guys weren't here, we were useless. We were always the first guild to be disqualified." (Y/N) said bluntly.

"But (Y/N), you're one the strongest wizards here." Erza said

"Sure, in the past 2 years, we lasted more than 2 days in the games, but during the other 5 years, I could barely help. I was younger and inexperienced. We didn't stand a chance against the other guilds." (Y/N) said as she tightened her fists.

"Who holds the strongest guild title?" Wendy asked.

(Y/N) gulped as she looked at Team Natsu.

"Um.."

"Come on Dovey. Tell us so we can steal our title back!" Natsu said confidently.

(Y/N) sighed and nodded,

"Sabertooth holds the strongest guild title."

------------

"You mean the guild that he was in?!" Natsu exclaimed.

(Y/N) nodded slowly.

Team Natsu glanced at each other as they nodded.

"Gramps, you have to put us in the games." Gray said.

"I was already planning too. But you all have to train. And I do mean all. Go train for these remaining 5 months and come back 2 days before the games start. I will then choose who will be on the team representing Fairy Tail." Master Makarov said.

"Let's go!"

-------------

(Your PoV, 5 months later)

"Finally! We're back from hell!" I cheered as Team Natsu and I stepped inside the guild.

"Lucy, it's all your fault we had to endure Erza's hell training." Gray said.

"Well I'm sorry! I didn't know that the Celestial World time goes by faster than Earth time!" Lucy said as she smacked the back of Gray's head.

"At least we're stronger now!" Wendy said, trying to lift the mood.

"Is everyone back yet?" I asked.

"Yes, it seems so." Erza said.

Everyone was surrounding Master Makarov, who was standing on the stump of a tree.

"I know that you all have trained very hard these past 5 months, but I will only be choosing 6 members to be part of the team representing Fairy Tail." Master Makarov began.

'Please let me be on the team! I have to be on it!'

"Those people will be Erza, Natsu, Gray, Lucy, Wendy, and (Y/N)! Elfman will be a substitute!" Master Makarov announced.

Everyone cheered loudly and excitedly.

"Yes!" I cheered.

"We might actually win this year!" Jet and Droy cheered.

I looked over at Natsu and saw him cheering with Happy.

I jogged over to him and engulfed him in a hug.

My eyes then filled with tears as I buried my head in his shoulder.

"Whoa Dovey! You surprised me- Wait! Why are you crying?" Natsu asked as he made me look at him.

"Because we have a chance of winning this year."