Chapter 13

Jason's POV

All I could feel was Kayla's whole body go limp. I couldn't feel her breathing, I couldn't hear her heart beating, just the sound of Samuel laughing as he stared down at Kayla from a distance. I looked down at Kayla and quickly moved her hair away from her neck. I pulled her shirt down to show her shoulder and hoped on her life that I wouldn't loose control. I pulled Kayla up to me and with on breath bit down on her neck hoping on my life this time, that she was going to be alright. When I bit down on her neck I didn't taste any blood at first, but as I bit down harder I could taste it, the wonderful smell and taste of Kayla's blood filling me. I bit down on Kayla even more but in an instant I got thrown into everyone making them fall to the ground. I looked up to see Samuel cowering over us with a 'You're dead!' face.

"You think you can save her now!? She's already dead, and you were too late!" Samuel said as he raised his sharp claws at us and began to hit us but stopped. It was like he froze and couldn't move. What is he doing?

Kayla's POV

When everything went black I could hear a voice. It sounded so familiar but I couldn't place it. In the back of my mine I could see someone standing in a light. I looked closer and it was, it was my grandmother. I ran to her side and hugged her as long as I could before she pushed me away and started to talk.

"Kayla you have found out who you really are, and you have found out about you history and your family, make sure you take care of the family, or you will not have a history" She said like a wise old woman.

"But grandmother I'm dead! I can't help my family if I'm dead" I said crying. She put her hands on my forehead and smiled.

"My dear you are not dead if you wake up. You need to wake up now!" Grandmother said. She put her hands down and started to fade away.

"Wait don't go!" I repeated over and over again. But all I could see was black again, but this time I could hear voices. It sounded like Jason's and Samuel's voice. I shot my eyes open and looked around.

I could smell something that smelled delicious. I felt my chest and I could still feel the knife stuck in my chest. I yanked it out without any reaction at all. Weird. I sat up and looked around to see Samuel about to hurt my family, and in that instant all I wanted to do was protect them, but the delicious smell made my stomach growl and hurt when I didn't have it. I jumped up and ran after Samuel. No one noticed me, not even Samuel, so when I rammed the knife into his back he was stunned. He began to turn around but when his blood started to spill out from his wound I went crazy. I jumped onto Samuel's back and moved his black lab coat to reveal his neck. I could feel something in my mouth start to hurt. I pulled my head back and shoved my teeth into Samuel's neck. Wait I think they were fangs! Did I have fangs? What is going on? I didn't want to think of what was going on, I just wanted Samuel's blood, right here and right now. I couldn't taste any blood at first but once I bit down harder it exploded in my mouth. A hot, sweat, delicious taste went threw out my whole mouth and when it went down my throat it was even better. As Samuel fell to the ground yelling and trying to get me off him I could hear people say my name over and over again. I ignored them most of the time and just kept on Samuels neck until he pulled me off him and threw me. He quickly got up and held his neck as hard as he could from making the cut bleed, but it just made it worse. I smelled the air and it was filled with his sent of his blood.

"How are you? You're dead!" Samuel said stunned and hurting. I didn't say anything but just breathed hard and could feel my mouth hurt more and more. Samuel pulled the knife out from his back and ran after me, but I was behind him before he could even start running.

"Yeah and you're gonna be my dead uncle" I said as he whipped his head around to see me. I grabbed his head and bit the other side. Again the delicious taste exploded in my mouth and I couldn't get enough of it. I bit Samuel's neck until he wasn't moving anymore. I pulled my mouth from his neck and let him fall to the ground, I don't think he was moving or breathing either. Did I just kill Samuel? I backed away and closed my eyes tightly, and when I opened them everyone was staring at me.

"What happened?" I said shaking. No one answered me but when I looked down I screamed a little and backed away. "D-Did I just kill Samuel?" No one said anything but slowly nodded their heads. I touched my fingers to my lips and whipped off something on my lips. My hands started to shake but stopped when I licked my fingers. I looked at my family (I am saying that Scarlet and Jason are apart of my family) one at a time, and each time I looked at them non of them looked scared, not even a little, actually they kind of looked happy. Why? I turned my attention to Jason who was the only on who had an expression on his face. I got up and stared at him for a long time until I ran to him and jumped into his arms and hugged him the hardest I've ever hugged anyone. It took him a second to hug me back but when he did he spun me around in circles.

"Oh Kayla, I thought I lost you" Jason said burying his face into my hair on my neck.

"I thought I lost you too, I thought I lost all of you!" I said crying as I slowly let go of Jason and began to hug everyone else. They also did hesitate a little but then hugged me so tight I almost couldn't breath. When I hugged Sara she quickly pulled me away and looked angry.

"Why? Why did you jump in front of me?" Sara asked. Everyone went silent.

"I did it because I didn't want to lose my sister again" She was very quiet for a second but then threw herself into my arms again saying that she loved me over and over again. My parents joined in along with a sniffling Scarlet. I hugged everyone and turned around to see Samuel's dead body, my stomach immediately went sick.

"What are we going to do about him?" I asked.

"Just leave him, if the police find him they'll think it was some kind of animal attack" Sara said. I grabbed her hand.

"I'm sorry he took your power Sara, I wish I could give you some but I don't know how"

"I would never take your power from you Kayla! I have been perfectly fine with some power than all of my power anyways" Sara said smiling and then hugging me. Everyone started to hug me again but backed away when I started to breath heavy.

"Kayla honey what is the matter?" My parents asked me. My eyes were wide and my mouth was making it so I could breath. I looked at all of them but not their faces, I was looking at their necks and wrist. I could hear the blood flowing threw their body and I can hear their heart beating. I backed away from them while I covered my mouth and turned the other way and held myself up by a tree. I could feel someone's cold hands on my back. I slowly turned my shaking head and saw Jason holding my shoulder and smiling a reassuring smile.

"We need to get you away from all of this blood" He said leading me to the car while everyone followed. My parents and Sara were in front of us while Scarlet and Jason were next to me, but Scarlet was at a good enough distance where I wouldn't freak out. When we were at the car my parents were in the front seat, Scarlet and Sara were in the middle row of the seats, and Jason and I were in the back row of the seats in the car. I looked out the window and saw the sun start rising. I yawned and laid my head on Jason's shoulder where he held my hand.

"So I'm like you now, aren't I?" I asked him. Jason didn't say anything but smiled and nodded his head at me. I smiled back at him and before he could saw anything else I kissed him on the lips. I closed my eyes and could hear his heartbeat getting louder and faster as I kissed him. I slowly pulled away from him and was breathing really heavy.

"I'm so glad that tonight was not your last full moon" Jason said.

"It kind of was actually" I said smiling up at Jason.