Chapter 5

This is seriously too much for me to handle! My dad is a werewolf, My mom is a vampire, My best friend Scarlet is an alpha werewolf, and this struck me more than anything and I don't know why but my boyfriend Jason is a god damn Vampire too, and the worst part is that they are still hiding things from me, still after on my birthday I turned into a beta werewolf and tried to kill my boyfriend, but at this point it doesn't sound that bad. I sat down on a chair in my living room and kept asking my parents, Jason, and Scarlet everything and anything I wanted to know.

"I thought Vampire and Werewolves weren't even real, every time I even tried to read a book on vampires you would take it right away from me, and when I tried to watch any werewolf movie like Underworld you would quickly shut it off!" I asked them confused.

"We were trying to keep the secret from you as long as we could" My mom said. I looked at my parents and scowled at them.

"It's not a god damn secret if I'm just going to find out on my 16th birthday!!" I said getting angry and closing my fist trying not to scream. I looked around the room and everyone was staring at me as usual. Before any of this nobody noticed me at all, I could rob a bank and no one would see me! But now no one could get their eyes off of me.

"Kayla you need to calm down, you can't get too angry" Jason said grabbing my arm to calm me down, but it didn't work.

"What do you mean calm down? Why do I need to calm down huh?" I said squeezing my hand even harder, but stopped. I didn't know what was happening, I felt some kind of pain from my hand and something warm on it. I looked down and un-opened my fist and gasped when I say the blood dripping from it and 3 small wholes in the middle of my palm. I quickly stood up as my hands started to shake and bleed even more. I ran to the bathroom as everyone got up and tried to follow me but I told them all to stay. When I reached the bathroom I grabbed a towel and carefully whipped off my hand and whipped the blood away. When I looked at the cut's on my hand I hadn't even noticed my fingernails until now. I slowly turned over my hand and looked at my fingernails, and just like the other night they were black and a little bit long. I wrapped the towel around my hand and walked out of the bathroom and back into the kitchen where my parents were pacing in the living room and Scarlet and Jason were waiting outside the bathroom door.

"That's why you punched Jason in the arm in the car when he mentioned me never getting angry! I never did get angry or upset or sad when I was a kid, and now I know why! If I had gotten mad or sad or anything at anybody or anything I would have changed" I Paused to see everyone turn their heads the other way and not make eye contact with me "You guys never yelled at me once for getting into the food when I wasn't suppose to, you never made me sad when I asked for something at a store, you guys would say no at first the imminently say yes!"

"Yes because anger is what triggers it, anger is what make you turn, unless it's a full moon, then you just turn without any control, well at least till you get older and know how to handle it" My dad said to me trying to comfort me, but it didn't work.

"You kept my whole life from me!" I yelled at my parents. "You are suppose to yell at me and tell me no as a kid! You two were suppose to make me sad and then afterward make me feel all better, but that never happened because I never got sad! Not once!" I put my hands over my head and held the back of my head with my hands and spun in circles mumbling to myself. I began to open my mouth again but When I turned to face them Jason was in my face holding my arms down slowly but gently.

"Kayla it was for your own good, If they didn't, Samuel would have found you much sooner than yesterday, he would have found you when you were little and killed you and your family right then and there" Jason said softly to me. Jason's brown eyes were right in my face and I felt like I was frozen in time.