Chapter 1

Just another dumb day where 17 students have to sit threw 2 and a half hours of a science teacher that was probably alive when the dinosaurs went extinct. Everything he talked about almost made me fall asleep, 3 times in a row. I looked to my right to see that Scarlet was half asleep just like me, I turned to my left to see that my totally cute boyfriend Jason was somewhat paying attention so that if Scarlet and I missed anything we could just get them from him, but the other part of Jack was wanting to kill this teacher (He's not the only one). I began to put my head down but someone spoke my name and actually made me jump.

"Kayla how about you, do you now the answer?" Mr. Ryan asked me. Everyone turned their heads towards me and gawked at me for the answer.

"Um...Yes the answer is..."I slid my eyes over to Jason's paper and he slowly moved his finger to the words Carbon Monoxide.

"Um the answer is Carbon Monoxide?" I said half shrugging my shoulders. Mr. Ryan looked at me with skeptical eyes and moved on.

"Yes, thanks, so now what does the letters CO2 stand for...um how about you James?" Mr. Ryan called on another kid while I laid my head on my desk and sighed glad that Jason had the right answer. I looked up to Jason and saw he was smiling at me. I smiled back at him then the bell rang. Everyone stood up, grabbed their books and bags, and left the class like it was on fire.

As we moved from class to class, hour by hour I could see in Scarlet's face that there was either something wrong or she was getting sick. I quickly walked up to Scarlet as we left the school and held to her side.

"Hey are you alright Scarlet you look really pail, and you're really hot, are you OK?" I asked her as she was slowly walking with me but every now and then she would stumble over something. I grabbed her arm and held her up.

"I'm fine Kayla don't worry, just get Jason for me please" Scarlet said sitting down on a bench and trying to hold herself up. I ran to the vending machine where Jason was getting Scarlet and I a can of soda.

"Jay, Scarlet needs you" I said grabbing his arm and tugging at him. He looked to me and was confused.

"What does she need, does she not want her Coca-Cola?" Jason asked me. I looked to him and rolled my eyes.

"No she still wants that but she looks really pail and she is really hot and she looks like she is sweating like crazy too" I said. This time instead of me tugging at Jason's arm he began to move very quickly to his sister. When he reached her she looked very worried and so did Jason.

"Um I'm sorry Kayla but Scarlet and I are going to have to cancel the walk home today, we'll talk to you tomorrow OK" Jason said waving to me.

"Wait should I come with you?" I asked them. Suddenly out of now where they both yelled No really loudly.

"Sorry Kayla we didn't mean to yell but it's just that um..." It took a second for Scarlet to finish what she was saying to me.

"If I am getting something I don't want you to catch it, I would rather be sic than you" Scarlet said laughing. I nodded my head and walked off as Jason and Scarlet slowly walked to their car (Lucky!).

As I walked home the wind was slightly blowing in my face. Every time I walked into a certain spot a gust of wind would blow my black and teal hair right into my eyes. Finally I put my hoody on and stuffed my hair inside of my hood and kept walking. They only reason I was walking instead of on a bus or in a car was because a bus didn't take the rout to my house and I didn't have a car. My mom and dad have a car but I never use it because they are always at work and if I even touched their precious cars I would be dead meat . So as I kept walking on a cement road that was very clear to me I could hear animals running across tree's like squirrels and chipmunks. Then after listening to them I heard someone scream. It was from a far distance I think but it sounded like a scream you would make if you were in the Texas chainsaw massacre movie. I stopped and listened once more and heard it again but louder. I jumped up and began to run to my house which was just around the corner and slammed the door as fast as I could when I reached it. I turned the lights on and threw my bag to the ground and ran to my room to change out of my freezing school clothes and into an XL T-shirt that went down to my knees. I could hear rustling in my living room then I heard my mom and dad bickering about what to make for supper. I began to walk down my stairs but began to feel really dizzy, everything went blurry and I grabbed the railing as hard and as fast as I could so I wouldn't fall, But my parents noticed me almost hitting the floor. They rushed to my side and walked me slowly down the stairs and sat me on the couch.

"What's the matter Kayla are you felling sick!?" My mom asked me with a worried look on her face then looked to my dad who had the same worried face as her.

"I'm OK I guess, I just got really dizzy for some reason, I think I'm gonna go to bed early tonight" I said slowly getting up but still holding my mom and dad's arms.

"OK just call us up f you need anything" My dad called to me as I walked threw the door of my room and quickly laid down so I wouldn't fall again.

As I laid in my bed I could feel myself squirming and moving around. I turned over on my side to face my window that had an outlook of the other side of my street, I also got a real good site of the sky too, Including the big moon in front of my face. I looked at the moon for a few seconds and closed my eyes to try and go to sleep, then I did.

I opened my eyes to see leaves in front of my face instead of the moon. I opened my eyes all the way and began to slowly sit up as I saw more and more of what looked like woods. I quickly sat up and looked around spinning my head every direction it could face.

"Hello, Hello! Is anyone there?, Hello!" I yelled towards what seemed like nothing but out of no where I found Jason and Scarlet about 5 yards away from me just staring at me. I began to walk to them but then Scarlet turned her body away from me and got on her hands and knees. I began to walk closer to her but this time I stopped right in my tracks and froze. Scarlet started to scream and fell to the ground. As she screamed for some reason it looked like she was starting to stand up, but she wasn't. She was still on her back screaming but when she screamed it began to turn into a deep loud growl. I started to step back but tripped over a branch and fell. I looked at Scarlet who was still screaming but then turned my attention to Jason who was just standing there like nothing was happening. I looked at him but when he turned his gaze towards me I gasped and moved back more. Jason's eyes were glowing blue. He smiled at me and that's when I screamed, Jason had sharp teeth, actually not sharp teeth, sharp fangs. I stood up very quickly and saw that Scarlet was not there anymore but instead a big black wolf. When the wolf was on its four feet it was as tall as Jason's elbows. I spun around to run away but when I turned they were in front of me.

"Kayla what's the matter?" Jason kept repeating over and over again. "Kayla what's the matter?" The last time Jason asked me what was the matter I could hear a girls voice instead as he talked. I was confused as hell and gawked my head. Then I suddenly swung up off my bed and was breathing the heaviest I've ever breathed.

"Jesus Crist, Kayla are you alright?" My mom and dad asked me. I quickly shot my head to my parents who were kneeling down on the side of my bed holding my hand. I whipped my face with my hands and sighed.

"Um, yeah I'm fine, just tired I guess, I don't know" I said laying back down. When I laid my head back on my pillow that was seriously wet with sweat my parents left my room closing the door behind them. I sat up and put my head up against my cold window and sighed.

"What the hell was that all about?"