Chapter 6

I dropped open my mouth and stared into the distance without even noticing how long I was doing it for. Jason was still sitting next to me on the couch but I could feel him slowly scotching the other way away from me. I don't blame him, I was about to explode!

"W-what?" I managed to get the word out of my trembling mouth. I slowly looked around to Scarlet who was almost as stunned as I was, but not quiet. I looked to Jason and he was about to hug me but stopped when he felt my arm, I was on fire. I could feel my skin and it felt like I was tanning on a sunny beach, but I was in my house, at night and in a T-shirt with jeans.

"Kayla are you OK, you are burning up!?" Jason asked me now coming close to me, but I shot up and paced around the living room wanting to scream my head off.

"No! No I am not O-fucking-k! So what, was my grandmother just like me? Was she as special as all of you say I am. Am I gonna get killed by this Samuel guy!?" I asked now worried and when I said that everyone else got worried too.

"No! We are never going to let Samuel get to you, ever. You are gonna be safe as long as I am alive!" Jason protested to me. I looked at him and smiled a small smile but went right back to panicking. I paced the living room over and over again until I got a weird feeling in my stomach that had everyone staring at me. I held my hands to my stomach and looked around the room to see everyone staring at me like they have been for the past 2 days.

"What is the matter Kayla?" Scarlet asked

"Beside everything else that is going on, I don't know, something just feels, I dunno weird" I said looking around everywhere then I completely stopped. I slowly walked to the window and peaked out it. I didn't see anything at first but then I could see it as clear as day. Someone was walking up the street in a big black lab coat. I gasped and quickly shut the curtains as fast as possible. I turned around and almost held myself to my wall.

"Somethings wrong, I can feel it" Scarlet said getting up and looking at me. "I guess she can feel when somethings wrong". I ran to the kitchen and grabbed one of the kitchen table chairs and slid it under the door dob handle (I knew it wouldn't work but t was worth a try). I stepped back and it was so quiet in my house if I dropped a pin I probably could hear it in my room. Everyone stood up and it looked like they were about to have a brawl with some giant guy. My dad whispered for me to go to my room like 3 times before I really heard him say it. I began to run up the stairs to my room but back tracked and hid underneath the stairs where no body could see me but I could see everything. I breathed quietly for a second and then I froze when the door bell rang. Everyone looked at each other in confusion but when it rang one more time everyone stiffened up but me. When nobody answered the door who ever was out there nocked this time, and the next time it got even louder. Then it completely stopped for a second at least. I began to get out from underneath the stairs but the door flung open revealing what I wished I didn't see, Samuel.

I could see on Scarlet's hand that her nails began to grow and Jason was turned just a little bit so I could see his eyes start to glow a blue instead of his normal brown eyes. I looked to my parents and they looked scared to hell but also looked like they were going to kill this guy.

"Get out of here Samuel, she doesn't know anything yet (Total lie)" My mom said to Samuel. He began to smile and walk forward more but everyone else moved closer to him making him back up only a small inch.

"Oh not true Kat, you know I just met up with her yesterday, she said it was her 16th birthday yesterday, what a coincidence" He said in an voice that sounded nothing like what he was using at the beach, at the beach he sounded polite, right now he sounded evil.

"You will stay away from her! She wouldn't do anything to hurt anybody, Non of us would!" Jason said defensively.

"Why do you think I hunt down these things and kill them?" The word things was floating around in my head. Was I really a thing?