Chapter 1

Kellin's POV

It's about 12am and I couldn't sleep. I figured taking a a little walk outside of the institution would help me clear my mind a little. I grabbed my hoodie and slipped on my worn out toms. I then snuck out of my room window and fell onto the soft grass. The plus side to my room mate

leaving is that I don't have to be so quiet anymore. Walking out pass the familiar sign that read: OSBOURNE'S INSTITUTION FOR THE DISORDERED, I spat right on it. Ha, disordered. Who are they to tell us we're disordered? Sure I'm bipolar, and whatever, but a lot of people have attitude problems. Shaking my head, I crept out the property and started walking along the side walk. It's so cold and dark. It would be completely dark if it wasn't for the streetlight about 20 feet away and the stars that are popping out of the sky. My thoughts soon trailed away to different topics in my confused mind..I wonder what my mom could be doing right now or where my father is now? who am I kidding? I don't give two shits. Just like he never gave two shits about me, I mean. Yeah he's my dad, but he's the reason I'm in a school like this. I never wan-

"OW!" I walked straight into something, breaking my thoughts. I looked down at the nuisance and realized it was a person. "Oh, s-sorry ma'am.." I stammered, pushing myself off the ground and stood up with an awkward hand reaching out to the figure. Pushing my hand away, she got up and looked me straight in the eye. From what I could see it was actually a guy. Oops. Well he does have longish hair, at least to his shoulders. Then again, mine is long too. I looked back at his chocolate brown eyes nervously and saw he was completely glaring. It was quite intimidating actually. "What did you just call me?", he practically growled at me. "Oh.. Oh! Sorry! I didn't mean to call you ma'am I just I thou-" I couldn't even get out the sentence because before I knew it, he slapped me. I stood there in complete shock as he simply walked away. I held my cheek and turned around to look at him but he was gone. What the actual fuck. "WHAT THE HELL?!" I yelled, but got no reply. I looked around a little and gave up, trying to shake it off and walked back to the institution. Who even was that? He didn't look any older than me. And who gave him the right to slap me?! If I ever see him again he's getting a piece of my mind, or fist. Most likely fist. I mean, he was rather feminine, so he can't really blame me. Normally, I would go after someone like that, but I'm so fucking tired. That was just weird. I reached my room and pushed the window open, landing on my carpet with a slight thud.  So much for that peaceful walk. That just topped off the shitty day I had. Why am I so awkward and clumsy anyway...My feelings softened as I started to shake a little and crawled into bed. I slowly drifted off into sleep, wanting to forget everything that happened on that day.

I woke up the next morning to the sound of my alarm with a weird throbbing feeling on my face. I rolled out of bed and went to look in the mirror. Well, shit.. There's a bruise right on the side of my face. What did I- ohh. Last night. Images of the guy flooded back into my head. He had really deep brown eyes that matched his hair. His hair looked so- stop. I don't even know him. I went back to being extremely irritated by him. I shook away the bipolar thoughts and got ready for my first class. Once I finally was dressed in my black skinny jeans and white V-neck with a grey hoodie, I grabbed a red beanie and slipped on my toms. Quickly, I also scooped up my bag, then left out the door.

      I reached my first class right after the bell, receiving a glare from my teacher, Mr. Nicholls. "Kellin Quinn, start coming to this class on time. This is the second time this week," he slowly spoke, making it clear he was annoyed. "Yeah, sorry I just woke..ok.." I muttered. It was obvious he didn't want to hear my excuse, so I trudged to the back of the classroom and plopped into my seat. "Listen up class. Today we have a new one joining us. I want him to be treated with respect. That goes for you Craig...." my professor said, glaring at Craig, the head 'bully' of the school. He just smirked back as a reply. "His name is Victor Fuentes. If he is comfortable with telling you about his disorder, then he will. Don't pressure him he should be-" the professor paused at the sound of the door being opened, "Ahh Victor, there you are. Mr. Fuentes you can sit right next to Kellin back there." Great, next to me. I didn't even bother looking up. "First off, it's Vic. Don't anyone in here call me Victor," the guy replied in a sharp tone. Oh, what an asshole, I thought, keeping my head down in my notebook.  Mr. Nicholls didn't look even slightly phased by Vic's attitude and starting talking about science or something. I hear Vic jerk out the chair next to me and I glanced at him, doing a double take before looking at him completely. Oh my fucking. You have to be kidding me. Vic looked at me a little shocked, then smirked at the bruise on my face. I lost it. I slapped him right across the face, in the same spot he slapped me.