Wedding

Riley stood in front of the floor length mirror set up in the room at the church they were using at her bridal suite. Maya and Smackle had finished getting ready and they had left Topanga and Riley, who were tending to some finishing touches.

"You look so beautiful, sweetie," Topanga beamed proudly as she attached Riley's veil to her hair and straightened it out. Riley's hair was half pulled back with most of her waves cascading down her back.

"Do you think Lucas will like it?" Riley asked as she spun around in front of the mirror, like a little girl playing dress up.

"He's going to be speechless," Cory surprised them from the doorway.

"Daddy..." Riley sighed when her eyes met his, seeing them get misty, "Please don't cry. You're going to make me cry and I don't want to ruin my makeup." Riley made her way to him to hug him.

"It's almost time you two," Topanga interjected, "I'm going to check on the boys and make sure everyone has their boutonnieres. I'll see you both out there."

"Can you believe I'm getting married today?" Riley wondered earnestly, her eyes moving from his to her own reflection in the mirror.

"No, honey, I can't believe it," Cory exhaled as he soaked in everything about this moment, "It seems like just yesterday you were a little girl..."

"And then you blinked," Riley finished his thought, "And here we are. I'm a bride and you are giving me away." A knock came at the door putting a quick end to their nostalgia.

"It's time," Maya announced, poking her head through the door, "Are you ready, Matthews?"

"Ready, Daddy?" Riley echoed, both waiting for a response.

"I'll never be ready," Cory admitted, "I'll never be ready to give you away. But I think I am ready to share you with Lucas. I couldn't pick a better man for you."

"Then let's get you married, Honey," Maya finished as she led them to the church to begin the processional.

-

Smackle and Maya lined up in front of Riley and Cory before heading down the aisle caring bouquets of lavender roses. Both wore matching one shoulder royal purple knee length chiffon dresses, their hair pulled back similarly to Riley's.

Smackle processed first, with Farkle meeting her halfway and leading the rest of the way down the aisle. Maya was next and, like Farkle, Zay met her, continuing to the end of the aisle together. They took their places as the piano swelled and everyone stood and turned to the back of the church.

The doors at the back of the church opened completely, revealing Riley and Cory. Riley and Lucas' eyes immediately locked on each other. As the music continued, Riley and Cory made their way to Lucas. Both Riley and Lucas' heart were racing as she got closer to wear he stood

When they reached him, Cory kissed her cheek and gave her hand to Lucas, adding softly, "Take good care of her."

"I will, sir," Lucas agreed as her hand fit into his, "I promise." Cory stepped back and sat down next to Topanga, taking her hand in his. Riley handed her own bouquet of lavender roses to Maya before taking Lucas' hand with hers.

"Hi," Riley exhaled, her eyes fixed on Lucas', as they always did.

"Hey," Lucas smiled back, both forgetting they weren't alone.

The minister began going through the formalities of the ceremony, but neither really noticed until he spoke directly to them.

"Before the vows, Riley and Lucas wanted to say something to each other. Lucas?" the minister explained before Lucas went first. Riley and Lucas turned to face each other, holding both hands.

"Riley, ever since you fell into my lap," Lucas began as he squeezed her hands in his, "You turned my world upside down. I never would have survived in New York City if it hadn't been for you. I never thought I would like it here and you made me fall in love with it. Not only did you change my life, you changed me. You made me want to be a better person. You saw in me the person I have always wanted to be. You were there for me when Pappy Joe died and I don't think I could have gotten through that without you either. I love you with all of me and I love how you love me. You love me selflessly, without hesitation or any contingencies. Ever since you kissed me first, I knew you were the person I wanted to kiss for the rest of my life. I can't wait for countless moments I know I'm going to remember forever with you."

"Lucas," Riley began, taking deep breath to keep her emotions in check, "you have always accepted me just the way I am. You don't mind my quirks; somehow you seem to love them. Somehow you love me more because of them. You took me on a ride on a white horse because I wanted to be a princess. When I was bullied you never understood why because the very thing they picked on me about you loved, and you offered to take care of it for me. You filled my room with balloons to ask me to prom. You shared with me your favorite place in the world and we made it our place. I love you for all the ways you make me feel like I can do anything. Ever since you kissed me back, I knew I wanted to be kissed by you every day. Just the way you look at me gives me butterflies. I can't wait to have a family with you and to grow old together."

After they finished, he lead them in their vows.

"Lucas, do you take Riley, to be your wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do you part?" He asked Lucas.

"I do," Lucas replied

"Riley, do you take Lucas to be your husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do you part?" He then asked Riley.

"I do," Riley echoed,

"Farkle and Zay, the rings please," he directed, taking the rings from the best men and handing them to Lucas and Riley, "Please repeat after me: This ring I give to you, as a token of my love and devotion to you. I pledge to you all that I am and all that I will ever be as your husband/wife. With this ring, I gladly marry you and join my life to yours."

"This ring I give to you," Lucas repeated as he slid the first ring on her finger, "as a token of my love and devotion to you. I pledge to you all that I am and all that I will ever be as your husband. With this ring, I gladly marry you and join my life to yours."

"This ring I give to you," Riley echoed as she slid the other ring on his finger, "as a token of my love and devotion to you. I pledge to you all that I am and all that I will ever be as your wife. With this ring, I gladly marry you and join my life to yours."

"With the power invested in my by God and the State of New York, I now pronounce you husband and wife, Lucas you may now kiss your bride." With the biggest smile on his face, Lucas took her face in his hand and kissed her deeply, as she put her arms around his neck.

"I present for the first time, Mr. and Mrs. Lucas Friar," He finished as the happy couple turned to face their loved ones. They couldn't stop looking at each other as his hand found hers.