Rehearsal

After thirteen months of planning, it was the night before Riley and Lucas' wedding. They had finished the wedding rehearsal at the church and now they were having the rehearsal dinner at Topanga's. She closed down for the night and moved the usual furniture out of the way, setting up round banquet tables for the family and bridal party.

Riley was absolutely beaming and she bounced from guest to guest. Lucas couldn't help but be enamored by her. She shared a sweet moment with her parents and then gushed with Maya over some wedding details.

Riley visited with Farkle and Smackle, who was wearing a sparkly, sleeveless light blue dress. They went back and forth about something that Lucas couldn't make out. Somehow, Farkle and Smackle had the longest relationship of their group of friends, going all the way back to middle school, despite the struggling with feelings more than the others.

Meanwhile Lucas caught up with Zay, who had returned to Texas after graduation from college, but came into town as one of the best men, along with Farkle, and Vanessa was with him, in an emerald green three quarter length lace dress and her hair down in waves.

He and Vanessa started things up again when he moved back, not surprising, given the on and off nature of the relationship over the years. Particularly, because every time he would go to Texas to visit, things always seemed to get started back up between them, albeit briefly, before the long distance proved too difficult.

Lucas' attention returned to Riley when Zay and Vanessa caught up with the others. Lucas kept watching her until she caught his gaze and made her way over him. She almost floated as she closed the gap between them.

"Hey handsome," Riley said as she skipped over to him in her three quarter length, white lace dress, "We are getting married tomorrow." Riley threw her arms around him and kissed him before he had a chance to respond.

"Yes we are," Lucas replied, incandescently happy at the thought, "Tomorrow you will become my wife and I couldn't be more excited."

"I can't believe tomorrow is finally the day I become Mrs. Riley Friar," Riley sighed, savoring the final three words as she said them.

"You ready?" Lucas asked her as the magnitude of the next day swept over him, "You ready to be married."

"I've been ready since the moment you kissed me on my 16th birthday," Riley answered, replaying the memory in her mind, "Are you ready?"

"I've been ready since you kissed me on the subway," Lucas echoed a similar sentiment before adding, "I can't wait to be your husband." With that Riley planted another kiss on him, both feeling the other smiling through it. They were so in the moment they didn't notice Maya approach them.

"Well if it isn't the soon-to-be Mr. and Mrs. Friar," Maya announced with a chuckle as she stood there in her gold, sleeveless cocktail dress, intentionally interrupting their moment. The two couldn't stop themselves from laughing, too, before turning to Maya.

"Hi Maya," Lucas replied as he sighed sarcastically, "Your timing is impeccable."

"Hey Peaches," Riley resonated before noticing the blonde was alone, "Where's Josh?"

"He's around somewhere," Maya answered with a shrug of her shoulders, "I think your mom sent him to find something."

"I'll go find him," Riley declared, heading toward the counter before calling over her shoulder, "Play nice you two."

"We will," They agreed in unison before Maya turned her attention to Lucas, who couldn't stop smiling as he watched Riley leave, "What are you thinking about?"

"How lucky I am," Lucas exhaled, his voice catching in his throat a bit, "How lucky I am she agreed to marry me."

"She's pretty lucky herself," Maya added with a grin of her own, "You are literally the perfect guy for her and I promise you she knows that."