Prom Date

It was less than a month until the senior prom and Riley was so confused why Lucas hadn't asked her yet. They had been going out for nearly a year so she thought it was safe to assume they would be going together but she still wanted him ask her.

Maya had been dragging her from place to place all afternoon so she was starting to grow suspicious that Lucas was planning something for her about prom, but she wasn't sure. Maya had told her that Lucas had a surprise for her. They were following all of these clues that he had left for her.

The first led her to the subway. Specifically it led her to the train she rode every day to school. The clue was under the seat where they first met and she first ended up on his lap, thanks to Maya. That same seat was where they share their first kiss on their first date. They also shared a moment on their second first date there as well.

The next clue led her to the library where they first got to know each other. At first Riley thought it would be in one of the books but then she realized that wasn't what was significant about that day. She went up to the librarian who handed her the next clue. It was the same librarian from their school project who suggested they start from the beginning.

That clue lead her to Topanga's which was where they had there next sort of date and where they held hands for the first time. This was also where they discovered their common interest in basketball and realized that they would become a couple when they were ready, not when everyone else told them to be boyfriend and girlfriend.

Katy had this clue for Riley which led her to the pizza place where they had their second 'first date' when they were a couple for real just this past fall. Their date didn't start there but it ended there and it was the most perfect place for their date. They were able really enjoy themselves there.

One of the waitresses, the same one from that night handed her the last clue which led her to the palce he kissed her for the first time, which happened to be her room. Riley was relieved to get this clue because she was more than ready to head home. However it was sweet of Lucas to lead her on the journey down memory lane.

"Come on Maya," Riley whined when they got back to her apartment and Maya was still trying to keep her from leaving the living room, "Can't I just go to my room? I just want to relax and I have a bunch of homework to do."

"Just a few more minutes," Maya responded looking down at her phone, which flashed after a moment, "Okay now you can go into your room." Maya followed as Riley walked to her room. Maya wanted to see her reaction when she opened the door.

Riley got the door opened the door after a little struggle initially. She gasped at what she saw once she opened her door all the way, much to Maya's amusement. Her room had been filled with a rainbow of brightly colored balloons.

"What is going on?" Riley asked as she walked through the balloons in amazement before turning to look at Maya.

"You'll see," Maya answered teasing before looking toward the window, where Lucas appeared before knocking. Riley glanced over at the sound before going over to open it and letting him in. Maya stepped out of the room to let them have their moment. She knew she'd hear all about it from Riley.

"Lucas, what are you doing here?" Riley asked as Lucas revealed a gorgeous bouquet of purple roses, her favorite color, from behind his back.

"For you," Lucas said as he handed the bouquet to her, letting her inhale their fragrance as he continued, "The purple means enchantment and love at first site, which fits perfectly how I feel about and have felt about you since we met. Plus you love purple."

"They are beautiful. Thank you Lucas," Riley replied, very appreciative of the sweet gesture, "You didn't have to go through this much trouble."

"Yes I did. I owe you one," Lucas answered referring to him missing his opportunity back in middle school, "Plus I had to do better than Charlie did." Lucas gestured to the balloons and flowers before he got down on one knee.

"Riley Matthews?" Lucas began as he took her hand between both of his and gazed into her eyes.

"Yes!" Riley eagerly interrupted him.

"Would you-," Lucas tried to continue what he was saying.

"Absolutely," Riley interrupted again, her excitement getting the better of her.

"Do me the honor-," Lucas kept going, determined to finish his question.

"Any time at all," Riley added, interfering once more in his attempt.

"Of being-," Lucas laughed as he kept going.

"Whatever you want," Riley interjected a fourth time.

"My-," Lucas continued, almost to the end of his question.

"Do you not understand yes?" Riley kept going leaving no doubt of her answer regardless of what he was asking.

"Prom Date?" Lucas finished his already answered proposal.

"I thought you'd never ask," Riley teased him as he stood up. Riley wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him for a very long time until someone knocked on her door.

"Come in?" Riley asked as she pulled her face back slightly from Lucas' and turned her glance to the door.

"How are you too crazy kids doing?" Maya teased the pair in the midst of their affectionate moment.

"Like you don't know," Riley sarcastically answered her best friend.

"Riley agreed to go with me to the prom," Lucas announced as another knock was heard, this time on the window.

They all turned their attention to see their three other friends, Farkle, Smackle, and Zay, at the window smiling and waving.

"What are you guys doing here?" Riley asked surprised to see everyone there so fast.

"You think I did all of this by myself?" Lucas questioned her as he gesture back to her balloon filled room and the clues in Maya's hands.

"You all helped?" Riley probed, still a little stunned at the magnitude of his gesture and all of their involvement.

"I just wanted it to be perfect," Lucas answered directing his attention back at her.

"It absolutely was," Riley reassured him, lightly pecking his cheek before they both hugged all of their friends.