Texas

Riley waited out in the warm Texas sun for Lucas to finish changing. Lucas had invited Riley to come to Texas with him for Spring Break during their freshman year of college. Most of their classmates were journeying down to Florida or Mexico for spring break, but Riley was thrilled to be at Lucas' house.

It was the first time she had been there since Lucas had invited her and her friends when they were in eighth grade. This time it was different. This time it was just the two of them and this time they were a couple. Riley was very surprised how quickly her parents agreed to let her go, but she knew they trusted her.

"Come on, Lucas," Riley called to him, wondering what was taking him so long. As warm as it was, Riley had quickly thrown on a pair of jeans and boots, because she knew she'd be riding and a sleeveless plaid button up shirt. She had hurriedly pulled her long brown hair into a single French braid that cascaded down her back.

"I'm coming," Lucas replied before appearing moments later. He was a cowboy from head to toe. He was wearing a plaid shirt, worn jeans, boots, a hat, and a belt with a buckle the size of Texas. Riley found this look very attractive on him, and she wasn't afraid to let him know.

"Hey there, Cowboy," Riley greeted him, flirtatiously, "What did you do with my boyfriend?"

"Riles," Lucas responded, blushing and looking down at his outfit, "This is just what I wear around here." He gestured to the stables and horses behind him, "Ready to go for a ride?" Lucas extended his hand to her to show her the way.

"Yes!" Riley exclaimed as she took his hand and followed to the stable, "Where are we going?"

"I want to show you my favorite place," Lucas answered with sneaky grin, as he showed her the horse she'd be riding, one that was almost white, like the first horse they rode together. Lucas rode his horse, a deep brown one he'd ridden for years and named Lightning. He helped her mount her horse and then he effortless mounted his own.

Riley loved how at ease he was here. He was definitely in his element and should see how much joy it brought him. As they trotted slowly down the path he reached his free hand toward her which she grabbed. He gently guided her horse a little closer to his and lightly kissed the back of her hand.

As they approached a giant tree across the field, Riley began to see something. It looked like something on the ground.

"What's that?" Riley asked as she pointed to the shady spot beneath the tree.

"You'll see," Lucas answered sneakily as they continued toward the tree.

"Lucas..." Riley gasped as she realized it was picnic set up beneath the tree. A beautiful quilt was spread beneath the tree with a picnic basket right next to it. Lucas grabbed her reins to stop her horse as they reached the tree. He hopped down from his horse and effortlessly tied him up before coming over by Riley.

"I have a confession to make," Lucas began as he caught Riley as she hopped down from her horse and tied it up, "This is why I was running late this morning. I snuck away to set this up while you were getting ready. I thought I'd have enough time, but you were faster than I thought. I hope you like it..."

"It beautiful," Riley breathed, answering softly as she admired what he had for her, "I can see why this is your favorite place," Riley added as she took in the towering tree and the nearby swimming hole.

"Are you hungry?" Lucas asked as he went over to the picnic basket, sat down, and unpacked sandwiches, water, and an assortment of other things to eat.

"Definitely," Riley answered as she sat next to him. Lucas handed her food as they dug into their lunch.

--------

"It's really warm," Riley acknowledged, after they had had finished eating, talking and enjoying each other's company.

"Yeah, well, it's Texas," Lucas chuckled at her obvious observation before suggesting, "Do you want to go swimming?"

"We don't have swimming suits," Riley retorted reasonably not realizing what Lucas had in mind.

"So?" Lucas teased as he took his hat off his head and playfully put it on her head. To Riley's surprise, Lucas began unbuttoning his shirt, revealing his tan, muscular chest. Before Riley could even say anything Lucas had remove his shirt and his boots.

"What are you doing?" Riley questioned, naively, as Lucas stood up, undid his belt buckle and pulled off his jeans.

"Going swimming," Lucas answered matter-of-factly, standing there in just his boxers before grabbing the rope swing that hung on the tree, swimming out over the lake and landing in the water with a big splash. "You coming?" he called out to her.

"This is crazy," Riley called back to him, taking his hat off, unbuttoning her own shirt and pulling off her jeans and boots. She stood there for a moment in just her bra and underwear, immediately self-conscious.

"Come on! Get in the water!" Lucas coaxed as he tried not to gawk at her. He hadn't seen that much of her ivory skin before but he knew that wasn't the point.

"It's gonna be cold," Riley resisted a little, fearfully.

"I'll keep you warm," Lucas teased her, knowing she'd love it once she was in.

Riley rolled her eyes, took a deep breath, and grabbed the rope. She closed her eyes as she swung out over the water and let go with a shriek. Lucas tried to duck to dodge her splash.

"Hi," Riley whispered when she finally came up for air, panting as she swam close to him.

"Hey," Lucas smiled when she reached him and wrapped her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist, "Still warm?"

"Nope," Riley answered, still catching her breath, her nose just inches from his, "I have a confession to make, too."

"Oh, really?" Lucas questioned, his heart racing being so close to her, "What's that?"

"This is my favorite place too," Riley smiled, before crashing her lips onto his. She loved the taste of his kiss and didn't want to come up for air. He fully reciprocated the kiss and passionately kissed her back.

"I was wrong," Lucas breathed heavily when he finally pulled back to catch his breath, "My favorite place is anywhere you are." He paused to kiss her again, smiling so big she could feel it and he could feel her smiling too, "But this one is pretty damn good."