Everything i need

Caroline's POV

A few hours after I talk to Stefan I hear a knock at my door. That has got to be him, thank god. I walk over and open the door.

"Caroline what's going on?"

He asks walking in. I quickly explain to him about the whole deal with Klaus and Elena being together and how now he's going to kill Damon because he wants Elena to himself.

"Have I really missed that much?"

He asks.

"Yes but no time we have to get to the lake house before Klaus gets to Damon"

He nods his head and we hurry to the car.

Elena's POV

"so what should we have for dinner?"

I ask leaning over the kitchen bar looking at Damon.

"How about a blonde?"

He says smirking, I throw a dish towel at him.

"Or we could order pizza"

I say grabbing the phone, then I hear a loud knock at the door, I turn and look at Damon who gives me a curious look.

"Who is that?"

I ask walking towards the window, I look through the curtain and see Klaus,  he looks mad.

"Open the door Elena!"

He yells

I look at Damon

"It's Klaus what are we going to do?"

I ask him, he walks over and opens the door and as soon as he does Klaus throws a wooden stake at him which hits him in the stomach, I run over to Damon who has fallen on the ground and I remove the stake.

"What the hell Klaus?"

I ask walking outside, I know he won't hurt me but I know that if I stay in the house with Damon he will try to hurt him again.

"We have a fight and nearly three weeks later you're already back together with Damon!"

He says yelling at me

"A fight Klaus? You were going to sleep with my best friend!"

I say raising my voice at him.

"And you will never know how sorry i am for that, but if you love me like I love you, you will forgive me"

He says taking my hand, I look over and see Damon standing in the door way with a hurt expression on his face, I turn and look at Klaus.

"I'm sorry Klaus but I love Damon, it's always going to be Damon"

I say removing my hand. I don't ever think I've seen Klaus so hurt he was getting ready to say something when someone attacked him.

"Stefan!?"

I say. Stefan's back!? But how? When?. I look and see that Damon is no longer in the doorway. He is holding Klaus down, Stefan removes what appears to be the white oak stake out of his jacket pocket. Oh no they're going to kill him, but Klaus can't die! He doesn't deserve to! So I vamp over and put my body In-between Klaus and Stefan, the white oak stake is about an inch from my heart.

"Elena what are you doing?"

Stefan asks

"You can't kill him he doesn't deserve to die"

I say. I slowly grab the stake from Stefan's hand and he looks at me confused I turn around and see that Klaus is gone.

"You still care for him don't you?"

Damon asks looking at me, but it doesn't really seem like he's looking at me it feels like he's looking out onto something far away.

"Damon I-"

But he cut me off.

"I get it Elena, you'll always care about him no matter how much you love me"

He says then walks back into the house. I turn and look at Stefan hoping he could give me some advice but instead he says

"Caroline is waiting in the car, I told her to stay there.... I should probably be getting back"

He says then starts to walk away

"What do I do Stefan?"

I ask him. He halfway turns around

"You love Klaus, you know you do, but if you love my brother to then you will stop leading him on"

He says then walks away. He is right I do love Klaus but I also love Damon. Damon has always been there for me no matter what and i know that he would do anything for me and I love him for that, but whenever Klaus came into my life he kind of just changed everything, he is so much more than what ever one makes him out to be, he's not just a ruthless cold hearted killer, and I'm thankful that I have got to see the other side of him, the side that loves and cares the side that loves and cares for me. I walk back into the house to find that Damon is asleep on the couch, great he won't even sleep in the same bead with me, I walk up the stairs and go into the bathroom, I turn on the shower making the water hot and steamy, I examine myself in the mirror my dark brown hair, brown eyes and button nose, I honestly don't understand what Klaus or Damon see's in me. I strip down and step into the shower letting the water run down my face as if I was standing out side in a rainstorm, what are you going to do Elena? I think to myself.

I get out after a long shower and I head into the room that Damon and I have been staying in and I see Damon laying on the bed he must have decided that he was not sleeping on the couch, he is looking up at the ceiling and I can tell he's thinking about us, I act like I don't see him and I grab my clothes from my suitcase, getting ready to go back to the bathroom and change out of this towel when he vamps over and blocks the door way.

"What are you doing?"

I ask him.

"I'm sorry Elena, I know you love me it's just I can't bear the thought of you and Klaus getting back together"

I can't take it anymore, he just looks so good standing there, I crash my lips into and wrap my hands around his neck running my hands through his hair which causes my towel to fall leaving me completely exposed, he pulls away for a second and runs his eyes up and down my body examining me, he kisses my again and vamps us over to bed I quickly remove his shirt and pants, he leaves trails of kisses all up and down my body, which makes me get goosebumps everywhere.

"I love you Damon"

I say looking at him

"I love you to Elena"

A/N I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Klaus is really gonna have to work to get Elena back(;