Twitter Can Be A Bitch

Chapter 12

Callie was already awake, sitting on her ipad and scrolling through twitter, in her pyjamas. She had quite a few many followers since she had last checked her twitter and a lot of mentions from all time low fans – a mixture of positive, negative and some she couldn’t quite make out because they were in a different language.

@geekycallie – Are you being serious Jack is dating this joke…

@geekycallie – Jacks standards are seriously slipping

@geekycallie – everyone needs to leave her alone she has done nothing wrong

@geekycallie – her name just says it all, come on jack, come to your senses already

@geekycallie – I’m so happy jack is with a normal person for once, I like her

@geekycallie – she needs to back off my man and get her slutty ass back home

@geekycallie – omg no one needs to worry about this one lasting, just look at her

Callie’s eyes filled with water, she hadn’t done anything to these people. She wasn’t even dating Jack for fucks sake! She sniffled and a tear escaped her eye, she wiped it away quickly with the corner of her sleeve – not wanting anyone to get up and see her being pathetic and crying over a few tweets. But there weren’t just a few, there were hundreds. Ninety per cent of them were slagging her off or telling her how much Jack deserved better.

Slut, bitch, whore, ugly, plain, not good enough, a joke…. Words circled Callie’s brain, the words that people had used to describe her. Was she really all these things?

Another tear escaped her eye and she sniffled.

“Hey what’s wrong?”

The last person who Callie wanted to see asked her gently. Jack came and sat down beside her, sleep still clearly evident in his eyes. Callie shook her head not trusting her voice. She sniffled again and buried her head in her hands.

“Don’t be sad” Jack didn’t know what to say, so he cuddled her into his chest comfortingly.

“I’m getting your shirt wet” Callie said finally.

Jack looked down to his tear stained ‘Boner’ t-shirt ad shrugged.

“Are you going to tell me what’s wrong?” he asked.

“It’s stupid, I shouldn’t have got so upset” Callie tried to brush it away.

“Nothing that makes you upset is stupid” Jack cupped her cheek.

Callie gently put her hand over his, his eyes filled with hope and happiness – then she slowly brought his hand away and he looked sad. Her heard was injected with guilt.

“You don’t have to do this” Callie whispered.

“Do what?”

“Pretend you care about me, if you weren’t any good at music then you could be an award winning actor.”

“I’m not acting” Jack replied hurt she would think that.

“It’s okay Jack.”

“What made you cry?” Jack pressed further.

“I was just looking down twitter” Callie mumbled.

“What have they been saying about you?” Jack asked angrily.

“It doesn’t even matter Jack.”

“It clearly does! It matters to me! Anything that upsets you matters to me!”

Jack picked up her ipad and unlocked it, scrolling down his mentions – he seemed to get more and more pissed off as he read.

“None of these things are true” Jack told her putting it back down.

“Okay.”

“Listen to me Callie” Jack lifted her face up to meet his. “None of them are true” he repeated.

Callie’s eyes filled with tears again. Jack hugged her tightly.

“Thank you” Callie whispered, smiling brokenly.

Jack got his phone out of his back pocket and composed a tweet.

Everyone leave @geekycallie alone, anyone insulting her is insulting me – thank you for the true fans sticking up for her.

“It probably won’t do much good but it’s worth the try” Jack said.