British Accents Are Sexy

Chapter 10

It was finally the day. The day they went warped tour.

Everyone had been moaning previously at how early they had to get up and be collected but being collected at six in the morning was nothing for Callie, she was a morning person. She was all packed and organised thanks to the lovely help of Alex and so all she needed to do was get in the clothes she had left out.

She got dressed in a pair of light wash denim shorts and a grey crew neck jumper with a pair of white converse. She then plaited her hair in a fish plait and was ready. She left make up off.

Her parents were not seeing her off. In her mother’s own words she said that ‘she did not want to see this version of her daughter and would rather wait to see her when she was back to being sensible and right minded’.  Her father kissed her cheek and wished her good luck and to have a good time for him.

Callie had avoided Jack as much as she could. She had surprisingly become closer the Alex in the past two days and not in the ‘love’ way – he had Lisa and Callie loved Lisa to pieces. They were like siblings, sometimes they loved each other and other times they hated each other.

The doorbell rang and Callie squealed and ran for the door, dragged her suite case behind her. She opened to door to a sleepy but excited looking Alex.

“WARPED TOUR BABY” Alex managed to shout out.

Callie and Alex then had their ‘fan-girl’ moment and then collected themselves whilst Matt laughed at them and put Callie’s suitcase on the bus.

“I’m so excited!” Callie grinned.

“Aww my little warped virgin” Alex patted her head jokingly, Callie giggled.

“Where are we headed first?” Lisa asked sleepily.

“Really guys, I’ve told you this about ten times” Matt rolled his eyes when no one could answer. “Seattle, WA” he informed her.

Callie looked over at Jack who had not been speaking and had been looking down at the floor, fiddling with his tie on his jumper.

Jack felt eyes on him and he looked up only slightly to see Callie looking at him sadly, she soon averted her eyes when he looked at her. He didn’t know what to do when it came to Callie. He did not love her like she loved him but he could fall in love with her. He knew he could fall in love with her but it was just whether he would let himself fall in love with her. He did not want to tell her this though and give her false hope because he knew it would take a while. No matter how childlike he acted, that is exactly what it was an act. He was broken and he so desperately wanted her to fix him. He didn’t want to make her wait for him because that isn’t fair on her.

He knew how many bands there were on warped tour and how the majority of the people were boys and he didn’t want her to find anyone else. He didn’t want her to move on.

-x-

What felt like a hundred hours later they pulled up outside of their first venue, that they weren’t playing until tomorrow.

“I think we should go explore and find Cass” Lisa propositioned to Callie who nodded.

“The Hey Monday bus is running late, they will be another hour” Rian told them, the two girls groaned.

“We can still explore” Callie suggested.

Lisa agreed and the girls walked out the bus.

“What is happening between you and Jack?” Lisa asked her.

“Nothing since everything I told you about already” Callie shrugged.

Callie wasn’t paying attention to where she was going and walked straight into another person and fell to the ground. The person apologised quickly and helped her up.

“I’m sorry” Callie looked up to see a really cute looking guy, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

He was extremely good looking and Callie was trying her hardest not to check him out. She was supposed to be this new Callie now, for at least a month or two that she had left of it, why not have some fun. So she decided to put on a confident demeanour.

“It’s fine” Callie grinned.

“I’m Dan” he grinned back, checking her out.

“Is that a British accent I detect?”

He nodded.

“I’m Callie. What band are you from?”

“You me at six, I’m the drummer.”

“Sexy” Callie winked, attempting to flirt. “I’m one of All Time Lows merch girl, you should come and check out the tent sometime” Callie told him cheekily.

“We need to go” Lisa interrupted Callie.

“Bye” Callie said simply to Dan and walked off purposefully swaying her hips.

“I’ll come by your tent tomorrow” Dan yelled to her, she grinned and didn’t turn back around.

“Is that really the best thing to do?” Lisa asked.

“No but I’m not waiting around for Jack forever.”

“He was pretty cute” Lisa giggled.

“You have Alex” Callie gasped dramatically but giggled with her.

“But he is British” Lisa wiggled her eye brows.

“I know” Callie said dreamily.

“He seems to like you” Lisa nudged her suggestively.

“Who likes who?” Alex asked them making both of them jump.

“Do you have to creep up behind us?” Lisa asked slapping him lightly on the arm.

“Who likes who?” he pressed.

“Dan Flint likes Callie” Lisa told him smugly.

“You don’t know that” Callie blushed.

“She was flirting with him and he loved it and totally flirted back and he told her he would come by the merch tent tomorrow!”

“Get in there Callie” Alex winked.

“Shut up you” Callie blushed.

“I have a soft spot for British accents” Lisa said and Callie nodded in agreement.

“I’m British” Alex said smugly in attempt to show off.

“But you don’t have an accent” Callie pointed out.

“Whatever” Alex grumbled.