A Forced Kinda Friendship

Chapter 2

Callie woke up early like usual, her roommate used to take the piss out of her because she could sleep in later than 9 am. She was in university, well just finished university. She had a degree in law. So naturally she was going to become a lawyer.

Her parents are happy with her; she was becoming what they wanted. She is going to be successful and then maybe they can lay off her a bit. She had gotten straight A's in almost everything all her life and yet they had never been pleased, she could always do more.

They had a heart attack when Callie told them she wanted to go into art, which was what she truly wanted. She loved painting and drawing but that wasn't good enough for them. It doesn't matter what you enjoy, getting a job isn't something you should enjoy, it is something that pays and she needs something that pays well. Those were the exact words her father told her.

It was safe to say that Callie had never really made her own decision, ever.

Now she was back in Baltimore, somewhere she hoped to avoid. Not for the city but the people and the leash. She was back at her parents' house - somewhere she didn't want to be and looking for a job in something she didn't want to do.

She loved university; she had the time of her life and a chance to break out of her shell just a little. It wasn't like she became a completely different person but if her parents knew half the things she did in university then she was pretty sure they would disown her. When she went to university she gained a little bit more confidence but being back in Baltimore was screwing with her head.

She got up out of bed and looked at the clock and it was 8.30 am. She sighed and wandered down stairs. There was a note on the fridge that read:

Calista, your father had an emergency business meeting. We would have liked to tell you this in person but it seemed that you were having a late morning and we were out the door by 7.30. There is money in the safe and food in the fridge. We will be back in a week - look for a job, no slacking whilst we are away!

Callie grinned this was the best news that happened since she got back. She went to the fridge and got out the carton of milk - drinking from the carton. It was only something small but it made Callie feel rebellious. She giggled to herself and put some toast in.

She had just finished buttering her toast and the door rang. Figuring it was a cleaner or one of her mother's friends coming to check on her she walked to the door, still in her pyjama's and a piece of toast in her hands.

She opened the door to see Jack Barakat. She hadn't seen him since he got lost and she had to help him and that was almost a week ago.

"Hi?" she asked confused.

"Hello" Jack said in a very provocative voice checking her out.

Callie was suddenly very aware of what she was wearing, a pair of booty shorts and a tank top that was a little small on her, so it was tight and rode up her stomach. She blushed and hid behind the door and popped her head around it - Jack laughed.

"How do you know where I live?" she asked him.

"Your parents are rich, they own like the biggest house here - it wasn't hard to find" he shrugged.

"Okay, what're you doing here?"

"Can I come in?" Jack asked ignoring the question.

"I sup-." Before she had finished her sentence Jack had come in.

"Great!" he grinned.

"I'm just going to go and change" she told him.

"Why, I like what you are wearing" Jack winked and she blushed again.