Some People Aren't So Pleasant

Chapter 3

“I’m never letting you drive me anywhere, ever again” Callie got out of the car feeling sick.

“I’m an amazing driver!” Jack defended himself.

“No, you really aren’t! How did you pass your test?!”

“I didn’t…”

“What!?”

“I have a learners permit” he shrugged.

“Oh my god, oh my god – isn’t that illegal, I think it is illegal” Callie freaked out.

“Hey, calm down” Jack said soothingly, she hugged her and stroked her hair.

“I’m sorry” Jack said sincerely. “I will get Alex to drive you home, he can drive very well and has his licence” Jack reassured her.

“You could’ve killed me” Callie accused.

“That’s very over dramatic… I’m sorry.”

“Okay…”

“Let’s go meat Alex” Jack jumped up and down and grabbed her hand running along the path.  He didn’t bother knocking at the door and ran right in.

“ALEX” he yelled.

Alex walked into the room and stopped when he saw Callie.

“Hi” Alex greeted her.

“Hello” Callie hid behind Jack slightly.

Jack brought her into the front room.

“Guys this is Callie, Callie this is Rian, Zack, Matt, Alex, Cassadee and Lisa” Jack introduced.

“You didn’t tell me how many people were going to be here!” Callie said so only Jack could hear.

“I didn’t know” Jack stuck his tongue out.

“Jack can I speak to you in the kitchen?” Alex asked.

“Sure – Callie socialise” Jack joked, letting go of her hand and going to see Alex.

“Hi” Cassadee said warmly to her, Rian and Zack said hi but quickly entered the kitchen where Alex and Jack were.

“I don’t see what your problem is with her?” Jack’s voice was heard in the front room.

“I don’t see why you like her so much” Alex accused.

“She is a friend! Am I not allowed to have friends?” Jack said annoyed.

“Yes but not with geeky annoying rich kids!” Alex growled.

“She isn’t like that!”

“Oh really, because she was exactly like that in high school.”

“You don’t know her now and you didn’t know her back then” Jack argued.

“Neither did you.”

“I think I should go, I don’t think I am welcome here” Callie told the girls and walked out the room before they could stop her.

“Where did Callie go?” Jack asked, coming in the room five minutes later.

“She left” Cassadee said sympathetically.

“She heard you and Alex talking, I think she got upset and she left before we could stop her” Lisa added.

“Fuck sake” Jack growled.

“Couldn’t handle it” Alex laughed without humour.

“Stop being such a dick!” Jack growled pushing him.