HQ C.26: Recovery

Summary:  "Is there something wrong with me?"

"Yes, but it's the same thing that's wrong with all of us."

Notes:*panics and procrastinates simultaneously*

She looked out of the window at the fading light and sighed, "I never thought I'd end up here again," as she ran a hand through messy golden locks. Instantly a hand landed on top of hers and a pair of worried eyes looked into hers.

"Is there something wrong with me?"

Her emerald eyes slightly zoned out as she tilted her head up to look at the crystal white ceiling, slightly too pale hands grasping at the white sheets.

"Yes, but it's the same thing that's wrong with all of us."

Their eyes met again and her eyebrows creased as the blonde tried to decipher what had just been said.

"Angel stop thinking so hard I think I can smell something burning," Angel smiled slightly before that small glimmer of light had faded again,

"You overworked yourself again. The doctor said you just needed to rest so the trip to the onsen will be perfect for you to properly recover."

Angel grinned and pulled Haru into a hug, "I'm sorry for making you worry."

Haru simply shook her head in reply, eyes beginning to water before she had jumped up from where she was sitting on the bed, "Stop acting like you're strong! You know you're allowed to cry and have feelings you're not a rock."

Then the door was being slammed leaving Angel to smile slightly to herself as she stared out the window again.

"She talks about you like you put the stars in the sky," as Angel turned her head in the direction of the voice her vision and replied were muffled as a bunch of flowers were stuffed in her face. Slowly pushing them out of the way her eyes met with her trio of trouble, Oikawa placing the bunch of what seemed to be freshly picked flowers on her lap, as Bokuto and Kuroo sat on chairs set up around the bed.

But as they opened their mouths she places her hands up as a sign to not talk, "If you're here to lecture me, please don't. I don't listen to people telling me how to live my life."

Kuroo grinned and pulled out a carton of strawberry milk placing it on the bed before Oikaw tried to snatch it up claiming it was his before Angl snatched it out of his hands, opened the top and started downing it.

"So when are you getting up so we can do something before you leave with the crows?"

Angel grinned in return before sliding her legs out from under the cover and standing up, "Now."

The four captains all left the room joking between each other and making wisecracks about the boys' hair, until they got to the dorm.

The dorm was full of chatter as teams discussed who they were going to send and Karasuno ran around trying to pack their belongings for the trip, but the second the door opened revealing Angel everyone went silent. Then the dorm erupted into even louder chatter as various members jumped onto her different limbs, rambling about how worried they had been.

"Guys, guys give me some room I can't breath!"

***

The dorm was finally silent until there was the sound of running footsteps and the creaking open of a door,  Angel who was sitting in a window seat, hearing aid still in for safety reasons, scrolling through a fanpage glanced up as she watched Oikawa rush past her.

Then hushed voices reached her ears before Okawa walked past her, Iwaizumi in tow, "Honestly Iwa-chan it was a massive spider."

"You are such a wimp."

"It was the size of my fist!"

Angel sniggered from her spot as she heard the sound of what she assumed was a shoe being slammed into a helpless spider. Then as Iwaizumi was walking back to the living room where he had been watching a movie did he notice Angel, slightly jerking his chin up in recognition before carrying on.

Not to soon after she heard more complaints, "Turn off that bright light, Kenma."

Angel quickly pulled up snapchat and noticed Kenma had just uploaded an awful photo of Kuroo, his eyes half open.

"Oy Kenma, I'm gonna confiscate your phone if you take one more picture."

"But you look so good in this picture."

A few muffled sounds were heard before Kuroo slammed open the door and lid the phone across the hallway, obviously fed up with Kenma and his obsession.

Angel grinned and waited for what she knew was coming next,

"Bokuto-san, please tick to your own futon."

Angel had to physically press her hands over her mouth to hold back her laughter.

"But Akaashi, you're so warm."

"I will stop tossing to you if you climb into my futon again."

The groan that could be heard was full of emotion, mainly sadness and anger. Angel waited a bit longer before getting up and walking downstairs and falling onto a sofa, getting ready for the early morning she would have to face with the next sunrise.

Wondering if she could just sleep away all of the problems she knew were headed her way.

09/03/16

  Vote/Comment/Share/Follow/Fan