HQ C.6: Late Morning

Summary: "You really are a monster, no wonder you've got such a big fanbase."

Notes: //gets slapped for taking ages to update.

It was an early morning, sunlight filtered through the windows and sitting up, stretching my arms and yawning I leaped out of bed and after pulling my running gear on, I was out of the door.

I completed my run faster than usual, before the realisation hit me. I was not earlier than everybody else, I was much later.

I went to the dining hall, and upon peeking in the window I saw everyone eating, my stomach let out a growl and I was about to go in until I noticed Haru pacing back and forth looking furious.

Maybe I could skip breakfast, so I went to the gym, sliding open the door I was surprised to see a few of the boys playing a three on three with what looked to be the Fukurodani setter refereeing, or snoozing.

I quickly crept in and watched in awe at the plays they were completing, Hinata, Kageyama and Bokuto in one team, Oikawa, Kuroo and Lev in the other.

Oikawa was teasing Kageyama with every toss and serve, sticking his tongue out with every point he gained.

Everytime Bokuto scored he would run up to Akaashi jumping around in front of him asking if he saw.

I was now leaning against the now shut door of the gym, the boys were so engulfed in the game that they were yet to notice me.

"Pass to me!" Hinata called and before I knew what was happening my feet were carrying me towards a ball that Hinata would not spike; the angle, the speed, his run up I could tell straight away his fingers would graze it before it would continue its course and slam Akaashi in the face.

I heard a gasp as I sprinted past Bokuto and then propelling myself up, watching Lev and Kuroo move their attention from Hinata to me and I felt the ball mould into my hand and looking in the opposite direction, well aware of Kuroo's amazing read blocks, I spiked, hard. The ball slammed to the floor and bounced off the wall at the back.

But my body was still flying forward and I ended up having to lean heavily to the side, slamming my side into the floor in an effort not to touch the net. It worked, and I quickly used my hands to help me complete a forward roll before landing on my knees and sliding forward slightly.

"S-s-so cool!" Hinata and Kageyama yelled and I jumped to my feet turning around to the boys.

"You really are a monster, no wonder you've got such a big fanbase." Oikawa mumbled before Kuroo cracked up, his laughing causing Oikawa to stet laughing as well, then Kuroo paused long enough to wheeze out, "pretty boy over here is jealous!"

Oikawa sent him a glare before shrugging and bursting into laughter.

Bokuto was shaking Akaashi by the shoulders, "Did you see that? Akaashi! Wake up so we can practice so I can get that good."

"Don't get me wrong that was seriously amazing, but wasn't Haru looking for blondie like crazy this morning? Looking crazy angry." Kuroo pointed out, having now caught his breath.

I gulped nervously, "exactly how angry are we talking?"

"I would say even angrier than Kageyama if there was no milk left on earth or volleyball." Hinata explained, using hand gestures to get his point across.

"And how angry is that?" I replied cautiously.

"Very angry." Kageyama mumbled.

Oikawa chuckled evilly, "Tobio-chan I thought you knew better than to reveal your weakness in front of your nemesis!"

I laughed nervously imagining all the things Haru was going to do to me, like spike a thousand balls at my face whilst verbally abusing me.

We carried on playing, after persuading Akaashi to play as well.

I was in the middle of laughing at Lev who had just hit a toss with his face when I felt a hand grip onto my shoulder, at times like this I cursed myself for not wearing my hearing aid.

I was whipped around to see Aoi, looking at her I realised she was repeating one word: 'Run!'

So I did just that, and as I ran, I ran straight into what felt like a wall. I instantly knew what it was though, Haru.

So instead of escaping and risking my life further I bent my head and kneeled at her feet, head on my outstretched hands, "Haru please don't kill me. I'm sorry!"

I felt her hands on my shoulders as she sat me back up before starting to sign, "I'm not angry. I was worried, Sam you never sleep in and you weren't answering your phone. I even called your house to see if you were there. You just disappeared."

"Your signing has gotten so much better."

"Don't suck up to me I'm still gonna spike some balls at you if you let me down today."

I nodded in agreement before glancing behind her to see the rest of the teams.

"Well don't just stand around, training starts now!"

The boys were soon running in the fields as I briefed the rest of the captains.

"Okay guys we will be having a full match with the two teams, Nekoma vs Karasuno and Fukurodani vs Aoba Jousai. You will note down what is good about your team and what needs improving. Once the boys have completed the matches we will split up two of us in this gym using a court each, the other two in the other gym."

The girls grinned and we played on our phones until they burst through the door panting heavily.

"Okay boys! You're going straight into a match. You have a minute for a drink and to get into position, the match ups are on the black board."

The boys groaned before getting into position.

When they were sent back, these boys would all be known for being power house schools, I would make Ushijima regret turning this down over an old grudge.

29/11/15

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow/Fan