Disaster

The weekend arrived.

“GOOD MORNING!!!!” Hebe yelled, running to the dining room in her purple pajamas. She was extremely excited for today was the Parade & Festival in celebration of the summer holidays. Hebe twirled around the room with much joy and finally sat down, panting.

“Are you going with your friends, Hebe?” Grandpa asked, raising his head from the morning paper.

“Yeah! Chun & Ella are going!” she replied, taking a helping of bacon & eggs.

“Why don’t you take Arron with you?”

Arron looked at her from across the table.

“He might piss me off with one of his dirty little tricks” Hebe replied, glaring at him.

“I told you! I’m not responsible for it!”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah…whatever…” the brunette said, rolling her eyes. “Just don’t go hurting Ella & Chun”

“What are you kids talking about?” inquired Grandpa who felt out of place.

“Oh nothing!” Hebe said, her eyes sparkling with innocence and she swallowed a piece of bacon.

“OUCH!” she yelled, touching her chest.

“You okay?” Grandpa said, putting down the paper.

Hebe had no idea why, but there was a burning sensation in the middle of her chest, she coughed several times for she had hardship breathing all of a sudden. Then, the painful sensation ceased.

“I’m fine” she coughed.

Arron looked at her with much concern. He DEFINITELY knew that Hebe WASN’T fine.

He, himself had a feeling that something bad was going to happen today.

XXX

“Cough! I told you!! You’re not coming! Cough” Hebe said, as she and Arron walked towards Ella’s house.

“I have to, you stubborn pig!” he replied.

“To do what? There’s no need or a vampire to come to a parade & festival you know! Unless you want to suck someone’s blood or something & if I’m right about that, I’m not…cough…letting you!!!”

“God, Hebe!! Why are you always accusing me??”

“Because, Arron…it’s obvious! Ever since you came, these weird paranormal things have been occurring so stop denying it! Cough!! Cough!!”

“Are you sick or something? You’ve been coughing since this morning!”

“I don’t know! I’ve been feeling this weird burning sensation in my chest as if something’s poking through my heart since this morning…but whatever…I’ll see a doctor tomorrow”

They arrived at Ella’s doorstep. Hebe rang the doorbell.

DING DONG

Ella answered the door. She wore a red shirt paired with a black skirt and some sneakers. Her hair was clipped and she clutched a red soft backpack with that stuffed toy rabbit thing hanging on the strap.

“Good morning…cough… …” Hebe said and put her hand on her throat. “Ugh. My throat’s so painful because of this dumb coughing…”

“The idiot’s been feeling weird since this morning. I wonder who’s responsible for it” Arron said to Ella, looking at her in the eye.

“Stop looking at me like that” Ella said, with a hint of guilt in her tone.

“Cough…anyway, guys…Chun sent me a text earlier saying that he’ll just meet us in the Parade so we don’t have to drop by his house. Let’s go!” Hebe smiled, and walked off.