Chapter 31

* Alexis *

I was fighting.

I did everything.

But.. I just wasn't strong enough.

I saw Carson, smirking from the chair infront of me. Yes, he got me.

Where am I?

I have no idea. All I know is, this room is dark, with a single bulb to light the place. Two chairs - one of which I sat, one of which Carson sat. It was like-- I'm in an empty box.

I struggled to break free. My hands and feet are tied on the chair with mighty ropes. I struggled so much my wrists started bleeding and I felt it.

My clothes are - all over the place, leaving me with my undergarments.

My tears were streaming down my cheeks as I faced Carson puffing out a smoke from his cigarette stick.

"Carson, please release me.. You know you will never succeed, whatever you're planning. Taking advantage of people... it doesn't work." I tell him, hoping he'd buy it.

"Oh? As I remember, because I took advantage of you, you forgot everything and as I remember, you became mine." He says, inching towards me and touching me- my skin.

"That's r-right..." I shivered, "But things have changed. And fate plays your game, Carson. Fate led me back to Darren-"

I was interrupted by him hysterically laughing as if ridiculing what I had just said.

"You. are. one. funny. gal." He laughs, emphasizing each word and kissing the nape of my neck. "No wonder I fell in love with you."

"That's too bad because I don't love you, Carson." I hissed, trying to shake him off of me but I can't. The more I struggle, the more he becomes aggressive. Not to mention, both of my hands and feet are tied.

"Oh, Alexis." He chuckles, kissin me forcefully on the lips making me spit as soon as he pulled away. "You said the exact same thing two years ago - oh, wait, was it two years ago? I don't remember....." His fingers trailing down my chest. "Oh, the time Darren didn't come for you."

When those words came from his lips, I flinched.

"He did come for me, Carson." I snapped, "He just-"

"He was too late?" He finished for me, and then laughing hysterically, "Alexis, how simple minded can you be?"

"W-What do you mean?" I say, snapping my head to his direction, glaring at him as he walks around me, undressing me with his eyes in a not so good way - well, I'm already halfway there.

"He doesn't care." He whispered, kissing my neck once again, "I care, Alexis. I care."

I hit his head using my head and although it hurt because of the wounds and blood present the time he slammed my head against the wall, I can't betray Darren. I am loyal to him only. Luckily, he pulled away.

"He cares and he will come for me." I growled at Carson. "And when he does, you are dead meat."

Then he laughed again, using his hand, gripping my chin hard, cocking his head to the side.

"Remember Alexis, he didn't come for you the last time. What makes you think he'll come for you this time around?"

At that moment, tears slowly flowed down my cheeks.

I trust Darren. And I know he did his best the last time.

The thing I'm unsure of though is that... will he come for me? After the fight that happened earlier?