Chapter 26

♥ Alexis Reed ♥

I'm currently sitting on the sofa chair in Danny's living room as I interrogate him about his strange actions toward Eve.

"Are you for real?" I laughed, holding back my breath.

"I'm being freaking serious!" Danny replied, blushing.

"You know, you gave the wrong impression on Eve. She thinks you want to break up with her for Pete's sake! If that's the only thing you're worried about then you could've called me." I chuckled, nudging his arm playfully.

And then his face turns beet red.

Okay, maybe you guys are confused right now so let's take a quick flashback of what his reasons are which led me to clutch my stomach and laugh at his innocence.

You wouldn't believe what he said.

>>> Flashback <<<

"Okay, I--"

"Don't you ever tell me you want to end it with Eve or else I'll have to break your face." I angrily growled at him.

"I- Wait, huh? Why would I want to end it with her?" He asked, confused.

"Wait... you don't?" I asked back, also baffled.

"Of course not! I love Eve!" He says, throwing his arms up in the air.

"Then... what's with the sudden coldness?"

"I'm just... troubled." He sighed.

"Troubled? Why? Did you guys fight?"

He shook his head in response.

"Then.... what?" I asked, raising one brow and scratching the back of my head.

"It's... well, um......."

"Come on, tell me." I smiled.

"Don't laugh at me." He sighed.

"Sure." I nodded.

"It's our tenth monthsary tomorrow and I don't know what to do. I'm like... freaking out! I couldn't refuse the offer when Eve wants to go out with me but- it's just that.... I'm not really mentally prepared for a date. I didn't mean to push her away but.. I'm just- I want to make it special that's why I was thinking... observing and well, thinking in general." He sighed in defeat.

And that's what made me burst out laughing up until now.

<<< End of Flashback >>>

"So you want to make it special?" I asked.

"Yeah. I mean- she's special. She deserves something good." He sighed.

"Why don't you just surprise her with flowers, go to watch a movie then take her out on a fancy dinner date? I mean- that's the basic and usual thing to do, right?" I shrugged.

"But it's so overused already. I want my surprise to be something unexpected at all, you know. When in doubt, you're too excited since you don't know what to expect next." He explained.