Chapter 19

This.

Is.

The.

Worst.

I rubbed myself with my arms, crossing them over my chest, shivering against the cold.

If I get sick tomorrow, it will definitely be Darren's fault.

I sighed, walking alone in this dark alley is giving me the creeps.

Tears were streaming down my cheeks as I ponder on why he even invited me when he's going to stand me up anyway?

I envy people with good lives.

I mean-- My parents died, my ex-boyfriend tried to rape me, and that one boy I was already giving my trust to, stood me up.

Why can't I just live a normal life?

Live with a normal family, a normal house, and a normal environment?

The only thing I should probably thank God for is my best friend, Eve.

She's the only one who was always there for me. She never betrayed me.

May God bless her beautiful soul.

I sighed, rubbing my two hands together to warm myself up.

* Achoo! *

No doubt.

I'll probably have a fever tomorrow.

I walked and walked.

I'm soaked, my feet are numb and my eyes droopy because of the crying.

I saw Eve's small house, sprinting towards it.

I gripped on the door knob and twisted it open.

Why is it unlocked?

I entered and my head snapped to Eve's direction.

She was sitting cozily beside Darren.

"Oh god... Don't tell me--"

"Alexis! It's not what it looks like!" Eve interrupted.

"You stood me up for Eve?" I asked Darren, who was silent.

His eyes were swollen and red. His hair is a mess. Bottomline, he looks... torn.

"Darren has to tell you something.." Eve said, changing the topic, playing with her fingers.

"Look, I---"

"There's nothing to talk about." I cut Darren off.

"Please just listen!"

"I don't want to hear anything from you. You stood me up!!" I cried out, I couldn't hold back my feelings anymore.

For years, I've been keeping my feelings to myself. It was very painful. I couldn't even tell everything to Eve. All the pain I've felt eversince my parents died. I don't want to cause Eve to worry. But this is too much already!! Was I a bad person in my previous life? Nothing has turned out right in my life-- NOTHING!

"Listen! I didn't mean to--"

"You know how much I've been hurting!! It's all in here!!" I cried out, pointing to my chest.

"Alexis, calm down--" Eve says,

"NO! I will not calm down!"

"Alexis... Darren has his reasons--"

"Oh, I've got reasons too. I'm tired of everything that's been happening in my life! I'm tired of the pain I have to endure to keep on living. Can't you see?!"

Eve and Darren looked a bit guilty.

They fell silent.

"Dear, please sit down." Cathy says, suddenly entering the room with a glass of water.

I obediently followed, wiping the tears from my face and drank the glass of water to calm myself.

Eve brought a hot towel and some dry clothes, giving it to me.

"You should go take a shower and change first. We need to discuss some things." Eve says calmly.

"What now?" I asked,

"Just change and go back downstairs." Eve replied.

I nodded my head, walking towards the stairs then to our room.

I quickly peeled off my clothes, entering the bathroom and turning on the shower.

Ahhh~

A hot shower to cool my nerves.

Eve's POV

Darren's been uneasy. He kept on biting his fingernails.

"Eew. Stop doing that, okay?" I say.

"I'm nervous... What if she doesn't believe us?" He asks.

"It's her choice. But she needs to know the truth."

My mom nodded her head and Darren heaved a sigh.

After waiting for about twenty minutes or so, Alexis slowly went down the stairs, wearing her Hello Kitty pajamas.

Her eyes were swollen, because of all the crying and the bags under her eyes are visible.

Her hair is also a mess. I don't think she bothers to fix it anymore. She looks exhausted.

She plopped on the couch beside me facing Darren and Cathy.

"What is it?" She asked.

"Listen... Darren.. Darren was your first boyfriend.." I started.

She blinked her eyes and then sighed.

"I'm not in the mood for games. Really, what is it?"

I heaved a sigh then turned to look at Darren, signaling for him to speak.

"It's true. Carson tried to steal you away from me by kidnapping you. You screamed causing him to shut you up. He hit you on the head and you couldn't remember half of your memories..... No, you couldn't remember solely me."

Alexis blinked her eyes once more, laughing so hard.

I frowned, she must think it's just a joke.

"Wait. Were you guys serious?" Alexis faked shock.

I nodded my head in response.

The event a few years ago was still vivid in my head...

***

Cliffhang!!:))

Don't worry! The next chap will be the one about the flashback!:))

Love lots, xx me!:)