Chapter XXV

/ t w e n t y f i v e /

I always wanted a big teddy bear, you know, the one that's fluffy and bigger than me- that's the one. So it only made sense that my reaction was as if I just won the hunger games or something.

"Axle! Look!" I said as I pointed at the big teddy bear at the basketball booth.

"You want that?" He asked raising his eyebrows. I nodded at him while smiling. I dragged him there and jumped repeatedly.

"You're gonna sleep on the couch if you don't win this." I threatened him, glaring at his smirking handsome face but he just chuckled at me. I rolled my eyes at him and groaned.

Axle needs to shoot all five of the basketballs that were given to get the bear. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this! I really want that bear.

Well, I think this is gonna be easy.

◇◇◇

I was totally wrong, Axle was already getting frustrated because of this damn thing. He keeps missing the last shot. A couple then tried it out too.

"Racquel?" Axle asked the girl who was beside us while holding the ball. Who the hell is Racquel?

"Hey Axle." She smirked at him while Axle just stood there. I nudged him and called his name. He looked at me and smiled.

"Who is she?" I asked confused. Maybe she's one of his friends?

"She's Gregory's cousin." He said while he threw another ball and got it in, "which also happens to be my ex."

I looked at him wide eyed. The fuck? I looked at the girl and stared at her. She looked very familiar but I can't pinpoint it.

The boy with this so called 'ex' asked us whether we wanted the bear and I nodded my head.

"Sad that we wanted it too." He said as he threw a ball and got it in.

Oh it is on, Motherfuckers.

◇◇◇

We ended up losing but I honestly think that they cheated. We already went home and I was kind of sad but I didn't want to show it because Axle might get all guilty about it.

We were already tucked in bed and my eyes were already droopy. My vision was already blurry but I saw Axle getting up and grabbing his car keys. I was too asleep to ask where he was going. I finally let the darkness envelope me.

◇◇◇

Axle's POV

I slipped out of bed because I am going to get that damn bear for her. I know where Racquel's house is and I am not afraid to fucking barge in her house just to get that damn bear.

I went to Racquel's house and sneaked in. I think I was really meant to be stealing the bear because it was literally on the couch in the living room. I felt like it was laid out there for me.

This is so easy.

I have the bear on my shoulders as if it was a real person. I was already almost out the door when I heard a light switch go on. I looked back and saw Racquel wearing a velvet robe.