Chapter XI

◇◇◇

This chapter is dedicated to claryxjace1234. Thank you for voting and commenting! Read the authors note at the very end!

◇◇◇

/ e l e v e n /

Axle and I ended up leaving Oreo to Jackson. We went to a dress shop because I don't have anything remotely fancy enough to wear at the ball. Did I mention that the Alpha king was the one that invited us? No? Okay.

We're now at Vi doré. I don't even know what that means but Axle brought me here so it must be really damn great here.

Axle and I entered holding each others hand. I was pretty much surprised when I saw that there were a lot of people inside of this store, mostly girls.

All of them, even some guys were looking at me and Axle, mostly Axle and glaring at me. I looked at them and growled lowly. Axle grabbed me close by his waist and kissed the top of my head.

"You're too cute being possessive." Axle whispered as he let go of me. I rolled my eyes while Axle chuckled at me. "Let's go."

I glared at them for the last time and sashayed my way to wherever Axle is going. Axle opened the door with his other hand and we entered to see a very chic and modern looking office with a lady sitting behind the desk.

I would be lying if I was to say that this lady looks ugly. Her posture compliments her over all look, looking all elegant with her crisp white top and a black pencil skirt. While me, being me, wore a freaking black shirt, which you should keep in mind has 'Awesomeness intact' written at the front. I felt immediately conscious. Axle gave my hand a reassuring squeeze which made me feel a little bit more calm.

"Good morning Marilyn." Axle said greeting her and coming up to her to shake her hand. Of freaking course, an elegant name for an elegant woman. I can feel jealousy overcome me and my wolf when I saw this lady flirtatiously giggle at him.

I will stab a bitch.

I am not kidding.

I can really tell much that they are close, really really close. I didn't do much but sat down muttering a quick 'Morning' to her and it irritates me more because I know Axle is having fun talking with her and catching up. I couldn't help but roll my eyes whenever Marilyn tells something that they did when they were young and Axle laughing or smiling in return.

'Must sacrifice sanity for his happiness.' I chanted to myself.

'Someone's jealous' My wolf replied

What? I'm not jealous. I'm alright. There's not one ounce of jealousy in my body.

I was too busy talking to my wolf that I didn't notice that Axle was calling for my attention.

"Oh, Sorry." I said hurriedly. My mom used to say that if you don't have anything nice to say then don't speak or open your mouth but in my case, I am keeping my words short. I feel like if I said five words or more I might say something bad like 'Stay away from my man' or something along the lines of that and nobody would want that.

Well let me rephrase that, nobody, other than me, would want that to happen.

◇◇◇

I have endured 1 hour of this girl shamelessly flirting with Axle. I was keeping my cool because I felt as if I'm no competition with her. I accepted my defeat and just played games in my phone while muttering some 'yes' or 'no' even though I didn't know what the hell I was answering to.