Chapter 28: Christmas Eve Part 2

"Are you alright in there?"

"Yea."

"You sure about that Jade?"

"I SAID I WAS FINE NOW CAN YOU LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE."

"Ok, I'm going to be waiting for you. We all will be waiting for you in the waiting room ok?"

"Fine Olivia. I'll be out in a minute."

"See you soon then sweety."

The door to the girls' bathroom closed and a mournful bawl played through, sounding like a cat cry as it bounced off the walls. Jade opened her stall door and slowly went to lock the main door. She turned around and wiped gently at her face to remove the evidence of any crying. When she moved to the mirror she immediately turned on the cold water. The coldness poured into her cupped hands, but didn't' stay there too long for she splashed it over her face. She wiped her face with the brown paper that was accompanied in the bathroom. The roughness of it caught her off guard, but she wiped all the water away. 

"So much for hospital bathrooms being suitable for everyone's needs," Jade mumbled. She glared at her reflection in the dirty mirror and sighed out of frustration. Her mother was in the hospital and she didn't know the condition. She didn't even know the reason of why she was stuck in it. But, Olivia was to thank for getting her back to Texas in six hours after finding out about her mother. (More so, she had to thank the Parker's for buying another set of plane tickets.) What could she ever have done without Olivia was truly unbelievable.

The knock on the main door took her out of her daze and she checked herself in the mirror once more. After she took one more deep breath and made her way out of the bathroom. The stubby woman that had knocked on the door gave her a very irritating look and moved pass her into the bathroom. Jade hugged herself and made her way to the waiting room where her friends were. The people that accidentally bumped into her didn't matter at all. She made it way through the waiting room door and looked around. So, many people were sitting down that it was a shame. It was Christmas Eve…no one should have to spend it like this…no one.

"Hey Jade we were going to go and see if we can find where your mother is," Zach said while walking her way. "Are you ok?"

Jade shook her head sadly.

Zach placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. "I'm sure that she's ok Jade."

"Yeah I bet your right. I just need to think positively," Jade answered him when Olivia and Josh decided to join them. Olivia's arm reflexively wrapped around Jade's shoulder and gave her a hug.

"Let's go," Olivia said. The four people moved to the empty desk where a well dressed man stood. When he saw them he quickly placed a happy go lucky smile on his face.

"Yes, can I help you?" he softly asked.

Zach slid in front of the others and cleared his throat. "We would like to know if you are taking care of a Sarah Harris." The man behind the desk moved to a computer and tapped away on it. His eyebrows raised and he mildly shook his head.

"I'm sorry, but I don't see a Sarah Harris here sir," the man answered.

"What!? There has to be a Sarah Harris here," Zach told him.

The man shook his head again and typed away. "I am sorry sir, but there is no one by that name that's in our database."

"Sir," Olivia interjected. Her arm left from around Jade's shoulder and she banged on the desk. "She has to be here because she was brought here."

"Well you must be mistaken…"

"Who the hell do you think you are, little man?" Olivia's voice raised as anger swept her.