Chapter 5:Museums can be FUN !

Jade woke up to a noisily knock on her door. 

"Yes!" she called, turning over on her side. Yet, again the knock continuously sounded through her ears. "I said yes dammit!" Jade repeated. 

When the knock proceeded, Jade threw back her sheets in frustration. 

"Zach, what the hell do you want?" Jade said, while flinging the door open. To her amazement she was confronted with Josh. "You're not Zach," she bashfully said. Noticing he was staring blankly over her body, Jade looked down her embarrassing attire and blushed. She quickly closed the door just a bit, so only her head was to be shown.

"I'm sorry, but Zach let me in. I hope I didn't upset you," Josh said. "I just thought we were going to the museum today?" Jade lazily looked over at her clock. 

"You're too early, it's only seven something," Jade told him. She looked just in time to see Josh gaze at his watch.

"But, I have 9:49 on my watch. And I very much doubt it's wrong."

"Are you accusing me that I am?" Jade said protectively.

"No, just…maybe mistaken," Josh politely told her. Jade looked back over at her clock, noticing that it was blinking. Oh shit! What had happened? 

"Oh my goodness, Josh, I am sorry it seems as though my clock was either unplugged or something," Jade said, looking back at him. 

"It's no problem, but are we still going? Because to tell you the truth…" Josh began, looking down at his feet. "I was here ten minutes till eight. I stayed outside for about a good thirty minutes and I thought I was being stood up. So, I left to go home for awhile, but something made me come back because I didn't take you as the 'stand guys up' type. I drove back here and knocked on the door because I wanted to know what I had done…"

"You thought I was upset at you?" Jade asked.

"I don't know what I thought, but your brother told me you were still asleep, so I thought I would come to wake you up," Josh said with a smile. Jade returned the smile and looked away. "That is if you still want to go…'

"Expect me down in a bit," Jade told him. "I assure you that I am going to make this up to you." Josh nodded his head and walked away. Jade opened the door just a bit, to watch him walk down the steps. He turned back around quickly, looking her way, over the steps. With a soft squeak she ducked back in her room. Once Jade heard footsteps retreating back downstairs did she decide to get ready.

Jade knew she spent a lot more time dressing then she had thought she would. For some odd reason, no matter how many outfits she picked out none were right! But, finally she decided on a dark green skirt and a, spaghetti strapped, dark green shirt to match. Taking one last look in the mirror she let her hair down. It was sexy, what man couldn't resist this? Overloaded with confidence she looked underneath her bed for a pair of shoes.

"No wonder I never wear this outfit," she complained at the pair of heels she pulled from underneath her bed. They were the only one's that could even go with her outfit. She sat on her bed, with the shoes in her hand, and groaned. What was she to do?

Laughter was heard downstairs, as Jade gracefully strolled down. She was hoping to catch both the guys gazes and she did!

"Are we ready to go?" Jade asked Josh. He slowly rose from his spot on the couch to look at her. She couldn't help, but notice how Zach watched her too. No, wait a second you need to stop that girl! You have to focus on Josh and Josh alone!

"Jade!" Zach said, once she got to the end of the steps. He seemed to be trailing in thought, but he was at a lost of words. She was very beautiful…no that wasn't the proper word for it…she was stunning! "I didn't know you could clean up so well!" Jade's smile faded and she sucked her teeth.

"See I told you he was an ass. And asses can't be complimented," she said, looking over Zach's shoulder to Josh. Josh smiled and attended to her side.

"Where are you two going?" Zach asked incredulously. 

"I was thinking about taking Jade to the museum, would you like to join us?" Josh asked. Jade tensed and looked up at Josh, then back at Zach again. All she needed was for him to be there, while she was trying to get Josh. She couldn't possibly be around both of them…could she?

"Sorry man, but I have finally made a big break in my writing. Right now, I gotta work on that!" Zach said. "You guys have fun!" He moved past Jade and Josh to walk upstairs.

"Shall we go?" Josh gentlemanly asked. Jade nodded as he opened the door. Before, Jade walked out the door she looked back upstairs. Zach was standing at the top looking at her; she could almost swear he had a hint of jealousy in his eyes. She smiled at him and waved and he repeated the gesture. 

Shutting the door lightly Jade sighed and jumped into Josh's car. As the car pulled into traffic, Jade looked up at the townhouse one more time and shifted in her seat.

"Don't tell me your having a rotten time with me already!?" Josh said once he noticed her slouch in her seat.

Shaking her head Jade stretched out. "Hell no, don't think your going to get rid of me that easily Josh," she said waving a finger at him playfully.

"I wouldn't want to do that just yet," Josh told her. Jade placed her elbow on the door frame and relaxed. The day was nice and bright and she was in a car with a guy who's interested in her, on the way to a museum! She closed her eyes and mumbled to herself. What was she thinking about going to a museum? Yea sure, she liked art and what not, but would it be a good place to get to know Josh? It's going to be quiet, peaceful, just the two of them and it's going to be overly romantic. Of course this would be a good idea to spend time with him!

"So what are we going to do after the museum?" Jade asked Josh.

"Well…what would you like to do?" he asked. Jade bent over to pull off her shoes, placing them in her lap.

"How about we go to the park? Or you could take me home and I could cook something up for you!"

"Sure and you can cook?" Josh added. Jade gave off a scoff and hit him on the arm.

"I can cook, don't think I can't!" Josh looked at her skeptically and then turned back to look at the road. "Oh ok I see how it is. Well you know what I am going to cook for you!"

"But…"

"And you will eat it…"

"Ok but…"

"And you're going to enjoy it dammit!" Jade yelled at him. The car suddenly became quiet, except for the sound of the car wheels on the asphalt. Jade looked out the window. "Are we almost there?"

"Yea we are." Josh slowed down as a red light was showing up ahead. "Jade, are you mad at me?" he asked.

"No I'm not. I just find it extremely offensive that you think I can't cook."

"But, your going to prove me wrong aren't you?" Josh said. 

"Of course I am!" Jade quickly added. With that said the car fell silent again as the museum came into sight. Jade awed at the sight as Josh found a parking spot. "Why did you pick a museum out of all places?" Jade asked as she climbed out of the car.

"I thought it would be more appropriate then asking you to come over to my apartment," Josh confessed, as he locked up the car. Jade slipped her shoes back on and crossed her arms.

"I hope your kidding," Jade told him. Josh moved beside Jade and brushed her arm with his finger. She moved away from his touch and shook her head at him. "Nope, don't you use your touch to manipulate me into putting aside your way too tainted remark," Jade said walking toward the museum building. 

"Excuse me miss. I have to check your pocketbook, wallet or anything else you have on you," a woman at a desk yelled at Jade once she walked into the building.

"Oh I don't have anything on me," Jade told her. Josh walked toward the woman and gave his wallet to her, and she looked through the little leather pockets. As soon as the lady finished she flashed him a smile and he walked back towards Jade.

"Come on! Did you get your pocketbook inspected?" Josh asked her.

"I don't have one. Anyway, why do I have to get my stuff inspected?" Jade asked curiously. She looked over at the woman as she followed behind Josh.

"Its procedure, they want to make sure no one brings anything dangerous into the museum. You've never been to one before have you?" Josh intriguingly asked. 

"Actually, I've been once, but only when I was young." 

"Well then let's go and check out the exhibits," Josh said extending his hand for Jade. Jade looked down at his hand and gently cupped it in hers. 

"Let's go then," she said as he led her down the big halls. 

Jade was enticed at the way Josh knew his way around, which meant he'd been here before. Even though he didn't know anything about a certain ceramic or painting he would make something up to make her smile. And she smiled a lot! He was a lot of fun, even in a boring place like a museum, which meant he could be fun in other occasions. It had been six hours tops of walking around and looking at all of the magnificent things and Jade wasn't even tired or bored yet. 

"This is so beautiful," Jade let out, as she plopped down on a cushioned bench in the middle of the big gallery of American art. She kicked off her shoes, relieved to be done with the dreaded things.

"You're right it's all very beautiful," Josh added sitting beside her. 

"My feet are killing me," Jade said holding up her shoes and wiggling her toes. "What are you laughing at?" she asked Josh.

"How can women walk in those things," he said, pointing at her heeled shoes. "I can't see how they don't dig into your heel. Don't you know that, that continually takes a burden on your spine?"

"I don't even know how we walk in these things. I try to avoid wearing them as much as possible. Why I even wore them today is beyond me!" Jade admitted. She laughed softly, sitting in Indian style on the bench, turning her body to face Josh.

"You know what? I've learned to not take you lightly, you're very different from most women," Josh said turning his head to look at her.

"Oh yea, well why don't you tell me how I am so different?" Jade asked curiously. She began to pick at the fur that was on the cushioned seat and smiled. Josh turned his head back and smirked. "Awww, come on and humor me!" she pleaded.

"For one, you don't carry a pocketbook," Josh said. Jade stood up and shivered at the cold tile floor underneath her feet.

"Why have one when I can place keys here," she said smacking the, left, back pocket of her skirt. "And I can keep my money here," she said smacking at her other, right, back pocket. She sat back down and smoothed out her skirt, sitting back in Indian style 

Josh chuckled, "Ok then second of all your very outspoken…"

"So, most women should be."

"You're fun to be around and don't care what others are thinking of you…"

"So, I'm very confident."

"Your eyes are so green…"

"That has to deal with genetics. Even though I have to say that my eye color is very unique from most, but…"

"You're extremely beautiful…"

"Well…that…" Jade said bashfully. "It's gotta deal with genetics too…" Josh stood up and placed his other leg on the side of cushioned bench and stared at her. He swiftly and carefully, pulled her closer to him making her freeze for a second.

"And what really makes you different from most women is…" he stated. Using his right hand he lifted her chin up causing her to quiver at his touch. 

Jade sighed and she could feel her heart beating in her throat, as she made eye contact with him. His eyes seemed to want to hold hers forever. "What is that?" she whispered out, taking in a smell of his cologne. Damn he smelled good!

"You've been able to capture my heart in two days!" Josh told her softly. She noticed his eyes travel down her face, to her lips. His face leaned toward hers, as she inched in. Their lips were almost touching, but once Jade closed her eyes a picture of Zach flashed behind the closed lids and opened them quickly.

"I can't…" Jade whispered out, pulling back from him. His hand let go of her chin and frustrated groan emitted from his lips. 

"I understand," he told her. Jade slid away from him and let her feet dangle off the bench. "I didn't mean to come on so strongly."

"Don't apologize," Jade told him. He watched her reach to slip her shoes back on. "Anyway, I think I owe you that dinner…or should it be lunch?" she asked questioningly.

"I would have to say it's about dinner time right now, but does it really matter?" 

"No, because like I said before, I'm going to cook you something and you're going to eat and enjoy it," Jade joked. She stood up and stumbled back on the bench. "Ow."

"Do your feet still hurt?" Josh asked concern in his eyes. Jade pulled her shoes off and shook her head in compliance. He smiled and standing up, while getting on his knees. "Come on and jump on." Jade smiled and didn't want to offend him so she slid onto his back, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Are you seriously going to carry me all the way down three floors and to the car?" Jade asked. Josh stood up and once he got his footing he held onto her knees. 

"I am being serious. This is the least I can do since your making me breakfast." 

Jade smacked him on the back of his head, looking down at him in disgust. "You mean dinner!?"

"That's what I said didn't I?" Josh said with a stifled laugh behind it. Jade smiled and gave him a pinch on the neck.

"Boy, don't you start to think you've got the upper hand in all this." 

"Ok, I'm sorry. But, you know you like me anyway!" Jade tugged on the back of her skirt, so it would stop ridding up on her and smiled. The stairs were up ahead and her arms tightened around his neck, while his grip tightened on her legs. "Before I go downstairs can you do one thing for me?"

"Um…sure what?" Jade asked.

"Please move your shoes because I can't see past them," he chuckled. Unwrapping her arms, Jade placed the, high heel, straps in her mouth. "Wouldn't want me to fall down the steps and kill us both, you know!"

"Ok that's true, now let's go I'm hungry," Jade said wrapping her arms around his neck again.