Chapter 20: Time for us

"I never thought that I could feel something like this. The way our love spread like a wildflower. The way a lion feels after catching her pray. For the first time I am alive, like the wind, like the world. My soul and passion is now his and his alone. I dare not say it outloud, but my heart could break in two if it wasn't…" 

Jade heard a distant sound playing through hear head. She opened her eyes groggily to find the voice. Why was it every time she found herself waking up it was always to someone talking to her? Blurs showed up here and there, but none that she didn't recognize-because it was her room after all- until her eyes played upon a moving figure. It wasn't so much as moving, as swaying from side to side. Jade hugged her pillow closer to her body, as she could finally focus on Zach's figure. He still wasn't wearing anything except for his boxer's and was now sitting at ease in her desk chair. 

That's right he had stayed the night with her, for once in their townhouse. Her eyes softened and she squeezed the pillow, she held in her arms, just a bit tighter out of happiness. How could she have forgotten they had embraced one another all night? She had woken up maybe once or twice to look over his sleeping face, or to make sure it wasn't a dream and he was still there.

"Good morning," Jade lightly told Zach. Her heart began to beat in her chest when he replied with a smile. Her eyes lingered over his form and finally noticed he was holding a piece of paper in his hand. "What's that?"

"…for his love," Zach finished. "A Piece of Love, written by Jade Harris."

Jade smiled shyly. "I see you've been pining through my things."

"So…you aren't upset at me?" Zach asked. 

Jade giggled and pulled her sheets back, exposing her body. "No, I'm not upset at you." She stretched and yawned, smoothing her hands down her body. For the first time in the last couple of months, Jade felt alive and invigorated. 

"How about we just stay in today, instead of going out," Zach said boldly. Jade watched his eyes loiter over her body and rolled over to the other side of the bed. 

"You are so perverted," Jade laughed when she got off the bed. 

"Me…perverted…what about you and last night?" Zach chuckled, throwing down the paper he had in his hand. He stood up, walking over to the side of the bed where Jade was standing. "Who was the one, who all at once, decided she wanted to get freaky?"

"I wasn't getting freaky last night," Jade argued.

"Oh yea? Well what was with, "I'm trying to seduce you Mr. Harris" comment about?" Zach questioned, stroking his chin slowly.

Jade smiled, while walking to the closet. "Now, that was…"

"What?" Zach asked, following behind her.

"Ugh, I just got to into it. Every sense that I had in my body just faulted to you." Jade browsed around her closet, trying to look for an outfit to wear for the day. 

"So, you of all people, just lost self-control?"

Jade laughed, while not turning around. "I lost my self-control." She rejoiced to herself when she finally found the outfit she was looking for. It was still wrapped in the same white box as before. She took the box slowly out of the closet and sighed cheerfully.

"Is that?" Zach began to ask.

"Yes, it's the dress that's supposed to have been my Christmas present. I just thought today would be a good day for me to wear it. Don't you think?" Jade asked.

"It would," Zach agreed, smiling. "Let me go then and throw something on," Zach said, kissing Jade on the lips. 

"We can meet one another downstairs in fifteen minutes," Jade told Zach as he began to walk out of the room. "What do you say?"

"Whatever you want baby," Zach winked and took off down the hall to his room. Once Zach was out of her room, Jade gathered her bathroom supplies and tiptoed to the bathroom to get ready for her…date.

After her shower, Jade made sure to rub her body down with some vanilla oil before pulling the dress over her body. Zach certainly knew had to pick a dress. It fit her a lot better then she thought it would fit, by hugging all of her curves just right. It wasn't too formal or too casual, it was just right.

"I can't think of a better outfit that makes me look so good," Jade told herself, while looking in the mirror. Taking one more look she pulled on a pair of shoes then picked up a pocketbook and hummed as she went downstairs. When she heard Zach closing his bedroom door, behind her, she couldn't even stop from smiling. He probably had a towel wrapped around his torso with tiny water droplets over his entire body. That one image that she held in her mind sent a sensual chill through her body.

Walking into the living room, Jade sat down on the couch and stared at the stairwell. The anticipation was killing her. It wasn't just about just going out with him, but she began to wonder what he would wear. He would wear something casual of course, but what would he wear on a day like this? Why did it even matter what he wore, he would look sexy in anything. Sighing, Jade focused her attention down at the dress that showed off her bare legs. It was such a nice Christmas gift. Even though, she did spoil the big surprise by a month.

"I'll be down in a second," Zach yelled.

"Ok," Jade replied, forgetting for a second what she was thinking. Oh it was about Christmas…wasn't it? Christmas was right around the corner and she hadn't once thought about a gift for Zach. She shifted on the couch and crossed her legs, twirling a strand of her hair on her finger incessantly. She didn't even know what a guy would ever want for Christmas. The last time she had bought a gift for a guy…or any male in particular…had been when her father was alive. Even then her mother had pitched in and helped her buy the gift, but this time she was all on her own. 

"Let's hurry up and go, so we can come back," Zach joked, as he came down the stairs. 

Jade began to stand up. "Sure you big cry…ba...by," she trailed off when her eyes lingered over his body. He wore a green jersey with a white shirt underneath it and a pair of black pants. It wasn't much for a guy to wear, but it made him look even sexier then ever.

Zach crossed his arms and lowered his eyes. "Do you want to stay in instead of going out today?"

"Yea," Jade said, not stopping to correct herself. 

"Really?" Zach questioned. When the girl didn't answer him, he took a slow step into the living room. "Do you want to stay in?" he asked softly.

"Umm…"Jade mumbled. Hell, she had to admit that right now he was beginning to look like a very tasty treat. Her hormones had been uncontrollable since he first touched her. She had been trying to get rid of those frenzied hormones, but there was only so much that one woman could take. One very sexual frustrated woman! "No, I think we should go," Jade insisted, walking to the door quickly, making sure not to look into Zach's eyes.

Zach chuckled to himself as he listened to Jade's heels clicking roughly on the pavement outside. "I'm right behind you," he chimed, as he followed after her.

Jade knew that it was pretty early to be going to the mall, but Zach seemed to want to get there quickly. He drove like mad through the traffic by weaving in between lanes dangerously, not stopping during red lights, and speeding on sharp curves. He had to have been going about sixty miles per hour and Jade could have sworn her helmet bumped a car when they passed an Oldsmobile. She was happy when they finally made it to the mall, even no one was around. It must have been really early!

"Where is everybody?" Zach asked once he chained up his bike. He looked at the vastly empty parking lot and grinned. "I guess the less people there are the more we can be affectionate with one another." He smoothly traced his forefinger over Jade's lips.

Jade tried to chomp at his finger, but he jerked it away quickly. "You better keep your finger to yourself," she joked. "My bite is worst then my bark." She flipped her hair over her shoulder and walked toward the mall doors.

"Did someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed?" Zach yelled. 

"No, I just got a lot on my mind," Jade responded. She pushed open the double doors, surprised to find that the mall was completely empty. She heard someone sneeze further down in the belly of the mall, but paid it no mind. She was only listening to the doors opening behind her. Strong hands entwined with her small hands and she gasped in alarm. Turning her head, slowly, she gave Zach a lengthy smile.

"Nice and quite I see. I may enjoy this outing with you after all," Zach said after noticing how empty the mall was. 

"Well listen," Jade declared matter-of-factly. "It can become hell in here in just a matter of hours. I think we have a good chance of making it in and out in an hour at least. That is depending if the stores I need to go to are open or not."

Zach gently squeezed Jade's hand. "As long as I am with you it doesn't matter," he said with a smile. 

"Glad to hear that," Jade responded. She tugged on Zach's hand and began to walk at a very easygoing pace. 

Warmth filled her heart as they leisurely walked hand and hand into the mall. She quickly looked over at Zach, who was fidgeting around with his jersey, and she tried to picture him not with her at the moment. A sudden pain tugged on her heart when she imagined it. She had to shake her head to make the pain go away. She knew that she couldn't live without him, and just the thought of not being with him caused her pain. She smiled again when she saw the mall's waterfall up ahead. The sound of the waters rushing over the rocks soothed her spirit.

"A gust of wind is better then a sea breeze. Hard rain is better then a gentle waterfall. A lover's kiss is better then sex. But, there is nothing better than death to life," Jade softly said, letting go of Zach's hand. She walked over to the waterfall to dip her fingers in. Sitting down, Jade let out a heavily sigh.

"That poem was a bit morbid, don't you think?" Zach asked, while joining Jade by the fountain.

"No, I think that it's perfectly right," Jade answered. "Everyone sees everything in their own perspective. Some people love the sound kisses, hard rain, gust of wind, and death. While some people like the sound breezes, waterfalls, sex, and life. Everyone has there own ways of seeing each."

"Which ones do you like the sound of??"

Jade became silent. "All of them," she said with a smirk. 

"I knew it!" Zach chimed. 

Jade gave Zach a stern look. "What's that suppose to mean asshole?"

"Nothing it just proves that I know you pretty well."

"Like I really care," Jade laughed. 

"I know you do because you love me," Zach stated. 

"Yea, well I am in love with an idiot," Jade joked and rubbed her hands together. She looked into the fountain, noticing small coins at the bottom. Taking her pocketbook off her shoulder, she searched for her wallet.

"What are you looking for?" Zach asked as he watched the girl in front of him fumble around in her wallet. His interested perked when she pulled out a quarter and closed her eyes. She seemed to mutter something softly, underneath her breath, but he couldn't quite hear it. Then with one flick of her thumb the metal object flipped through the air and landed in the water with a soft splash.

"Here," Jade smiled, handing Zach a quarter. "Make a wish." She smiled when he took the coin and closed his eyes to repeat what she just did. A couple walked by hand-n-hand and Jade smiled at them. That's the way she wanted to look while she was with Zach. 

"So, are you ready to shop?" Zach asked, while standing up. He extended his hand for Jade and gave her a knowing smile. 

Jade grabbed his hand and gave him a quick peck on the cheek. "Let's go."

"What did you wish for?" Zach asked, curiosity getting the best of him.

"If I told you that I would have to kill you," Jade joked and stuck out her tongue. She would never tell him that she wished that he would always be with her forever.