Chapter eighteen

*Harry's POV*

Lezile and I had hung out for a little while longer, but I had driven her home after dinner. I walked her up to her door, hand in hand. We stopped at the door and she smiled up at me.

"I have to leave tomorrow to go back to the boys."

Her smile faltered but she nodded, "yeah, I figured. I'm just happy you came for Prom."

"I wouldn't of missed it. Couldn't leave a beautiful girl like you all alone."

She giggled shyly, "uh, I'll give you your clothes back tomorrow before you leave."

I shook my head, "it's okay, you keep them."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, you look good in them," I smirked.

She shook her head playfully, and put her arms around my neck. I held her close by her waist and leaned down, pushing our lips together. She responded back instantly, playing with the back of my hair. We pulled apart before we got too carried away. I stroked her cheek and she leaned into my touch.

"You leave tomorrow," she started, "and I leave next week.."

I sighed, "I know, but we'll see each other."

"Not before I leave," she corrected.

I didn't know what to tell her. She was right, we weren't going to see each other, and for god knows how long. With the X-Factor going on, for however long our arses weren't kicked off... and her leaving back to Canada, forever.

"Hey.. we'll text, and email, and Skype or whatever."

I held her close to me, feeling her bury her face into my neck, "we'll be together, even though we're apart. I promise."

I felt her tense in my arms. She looked up at me with sad eyes, "don't tell me a promise you can't keep. I've already had a few broken."

"I'm not going to break my promise to you. I want to be with you, and I'm not gonna let a few miles take you away from me."

"I want to be with you, too," she whispered happily.

I kissed her one more time, before letting her walk into the house, disappearing from my site.

*Lezile's POV*

I went into the house, feeling like I was on Cloud 9. I took off my shoes and placed them next to the door, careful to remember to take them to Harry tomorrow.

"Why is Harry here?"

I turned and saw Mum standing nervously at the entrance of the kitchen.

"Harry?" I asked cautiously.

"I heard voices, and I looked outside and saw you.. and him, together."

I swallowed nervously. Here came the conversation I was so desperately hoping to avoid.

"He's here because he took me to Prom."

"Where's Niall?" She asked aggressively.

I sighed sarcastically, "your son, is in London. He broke his promise, and now we're broken up."

I tried to walk past her and up the stairs, but her stuttered words stopped me.

"Wha-wait a second! You're.. broken up?"

"Yes, he's probably with Cher now and I'm happy where I am. I'm leaving next week, so let's not make a big deal out of this."

"It is a hug deal! Together for three months and now just.. over? Just like that?"