Chapter fourteen

The weekend passed by slow as hell, because Niall and the boys weren't here to distract me. They had been texting to me to tell me about what they were doing, about practices and such, and how much they missed home. Their audition was going to be filmed on the Monday, then aired on the Thursday. I hoped with every fiber of my being that they would make it through. They have to, they're incredibly talented and amazing, the judge's would be stupid if they didn't let them through.

I was lounging on my bed, listening to my ipod. I was singing along to Please Don't Let Me Go, when my phone began ringing. I pulled out my headphones and looked at the Caller I.D. I smiled and slide the green bar.

"Lou!" I shouted.

"Ello, love, you alright?"

"Doing wonderful! How are you boys?"

"Great! Just finished rehearsal, just relaxing now. Wish you were here."

"Me too, Lou, me too. I'll see you soon though," I reassured.

"Who you talking to?" I heard in the background.

"Lezile,-"

There was scrambling on the other end and hushed voices fighting over the phone.

"Give it back, Curly!"

"Let me talk to her!" Harry shouted.

"I've barely spoken to her!"

I just waited patiently as the boys fought over the phone.

"Curly's going mental over here, I'll talk to you later, love," Louis said.

"Alright, bye Lou, love you!"

"Love you too!"

I heard a scratching sound before hearing Harry speak into the phone, "Lezile?"

I giggled, "yes, Harry."

"Okay, good. Hold on one second."

I could faintly hear him walking, the sounds of the other boys disappearing. I heard a door close before he started speaking again.

"I didn't want the other boys to hear."

"Oh, that's alright I guess."

An awkward silence fell upon us for a few seconds.

"So, how are you, Harry?"

"Uh, I'm alright. How are you?"

"I'm okay.."

He cleared his throat, "look, the reason I left the other room was because I need to talk to you about what I did.. and I really don't want Niall to hear this."

I swallowed the lump in my throat, "okay," I whispered.

"I am so sorry, love. I don't know why I kissed you outside the pub that day. No, actually I do, because you are so amazing, and I'm still mad that you chose Niall over me."

"Harry-"

"Please, let me just rant, okay?"

I nodded.

"Lezile?"

"I'm nodding, sorry."

"Sometimes I don't see why you're with him, what he has that I don't, and it kinda kills me when I see you two laughing and being all cute together, when for a very short time, that was you and I. I do miss holding your hand, sleeping on your chest and listening to your heartbeat, and when we danced. It was such a short time, and I didn't get to really enjoy it before it was taken from me."