Chapter ten

I waited patiently in my room until I heard a knock at the balcony door. I turned and saw him and smiled, opening the door.

"Got here as fast as I could," he breathed.

I smirked and pulled him into a tight hug. He wrapped his arms tight around my waist. I held in my frustrated tears and just focused on the boy in front of me.

"Liam," I started, "thank you so much for coming."

"Anything for you," he whispered in my hair.

I broke away and grabbed his hand, leading him to the bed. We sat down and everything seemed to still. The world was silent.

"Amanda broke up with me," he whispered.

"What?" I asked.

"Yeah, I told her about X Factor, and she said that she couldn't compete with our music career.. so she ended it."

I rubbed his hands soothingly, "Liam, I'm so sorry."

"It's fine, I guess I understand where she's coming from. It just sucks."

"Yeah."

We sat in silence for a few more minutes until I spoke again, "you know I'm still mad at you for not telling me."

He sighed, "I know, but Niall-"

"Yeah, yeah, Niall didn't want me to know. Harry already said that."

"Yeah, because he was trying to protect you."

I laughed sarcastically, "what does he need to protect me from?"

"He knows that you're going to have to leave soon, and he didn't want to worry you about X Factor, in case we actually get through."

"I don't understand?"

"If we get through this audition and the judge's house, we leave."

I felt my palms become sweaty with nerves, "leave?"

"Competition's in London. We'd be living there..,"

I breathed heavily at what Liam just told me. I let go of his hand and stood from the bed.

"Lezile..," he whispered. I felt him touch my hand but I pulled away.

My gut retched and I felt like I may throw up. Live in London? I couldn't imagine living without Niall, I've gotten so used to it, to him. I'd miss all of the boys like crazy, but I don't know if I could handle the stress of missing Niall.

"How long?"

"I'm not fully sure, but it'll be months."

I breathed out the long breath I was holding. I knew they'd be leaving. They were too talented for them to all say no. I turned and faced Liam, who's look of sadness almost made me burst into tears.

"Is it selfish of me to hope you guys don't make it?" I joked, wiping away the stray tears that had fallen.

He chuckled with me, "no, I'd wish the same if I were you."

"I messed up, Liam, so bad. I didn't let him explain," I cried out, "I slapped him. Oh god, he probably hates me."

I began choking on my tears, making it hard for me to breathe.

"Hey, hey, hey," he breathed, coming up and hugging me, "Niall doesn't hate you, I don't think he ever could."

He took my face in his hands, "do you hear me?"

I nodded and tried to straighten my ragged breathing. He dropped his hands to my waist and pulled me to him, hugging me tightly.

"I don't know how to apologize to him," I whispered against his chest.