Chapter thirteen

I gasped for air as I clutched at my heart, my body damp with sweat. My room was dark, and a familiar feeling settled over me. I jumped out of bed and ran to turn on my light. My eyes adjusted to see that it was empty. No Niall, no Liam.. I breathed heavily as I recalled my dream, of Liam on top of me, us kissing, Niall walking in. There's worse dreams to have, but that was my biggest nightmare. I looked at the clock which read 1:48am. I could already tell I wasn't getting anymore sleep tonight. I remembered my phone was buzzing earlier and I grabbed my purse and rummaged through it, and quickly unlocked it, seeing I had 2 missed calls and 3 unread Texts.

2 Missed Calls; Liam Payne

I let out the long breath I was holding, and checked the times of the calls. They were during my date with Niall.

3 Missed Texts; 2 from Liam Payne, 1 from Louis Tomlinson.

Liam Payne: I take it you're with Niall, just.. call me back please, I need to talk to you.

2nd Text: I'm going to miss you when we leave, so tomorrow please phone me.

I sighed at his texts. I should have phoned him back, but I had completely forgot to check my phone earlier to see who had phoned me. I checked the last text.

Louis Tomlinson: Way to fall asleep on us tonight, babe! It was hilarious seein' Liam piggy-back your sleepin' body to the car ;) night night, xx.

Liam carried me to the car? What the hell was going on? I put my phone down and quietly made my way to the hallway, checking the make sure it was empty before tip-toeing to Niall's room. I opened the door and closed it, the dark engulfing the whole room. I could make out Niall's curled up body on his bed. My stomach twisted with unknown nerves as I felt the comforter of his bed before pulling it back and sliding in. I moved my body behind his, reaching my arm under his and grabbing his hand that was against his stomach. He flinched a little, but his hand lightly squeezed mine back. I kissed his shoulder before settling comfortably against him, letting unconsciousness grab a hold of me.

In the morning light, where hopefully everything would make sense, I awoke to a tingling sensation on my arm. I blinked my eyes brutally, letting them adjust to the brightness of the room. Niall was just looking at me, tracing his fingers on my arm.

"When do you leave?" I whispered groggily.

He sighed, "we're gonna leave later tonight."

I nodded and bit my lip.

"And this time you're gone for?.."

"A week."

"Uh huh," I replied, sitting up and hugging the comforter around my knees. Niall sat up too.

"Look, I know how hard this is for you to be here without us, but just know I wish that you could come with us."

An idea, a drastic one, popped into my head, "I could come with you."

"What?"

I looked at him enthusiastically, "yeah! I could graduate next year, who cares. I'll come with you boys, to support you!"

He shook his head and looked down at his hands, "no."

"No?"

"I can't let you do that, not for us, as much as we'd all love that."

"You don't want me there?"

"I do want you there, but you're only a little over a month away from graduating, we all are. I can't let you screw it up for yourself by coming with us."