Chapter seventeen

Dinner at Prom had been alright, nothing too fancy and over-the-top. Once everyone had finished dinner, they had began showing a slide-show of memories from the year. I saw numerous pictures of the boys, and a lot of familiar classmates, none of whom I had really taken the time to get to know. Harry was holding my hand, rubbing soft circles on my skin. A picture of me and the boys had been shown on the screen and I smiled wide, giggling to myself. Harry, Liam, Zayn and Niall were sitting on the picnic table and I had been on Louis' back, hugging him tight around his neck.

"Lou misses you like crazy," Harry told me.

"Good, I miss that crazy bugger too," I replied, giggling.

They had began showing pictures of everyone at Prom, the professional ones that were taken outside. Everyone awe'd and clapped for all the pictures of the couples that were taken. I smiled when I saw the actual couples hug one another, or the boys would pull their girlfriend's closer to them when their pictures came up. Harry hugged me close from the side as everyone awe'd and clapped again. I looked to the projection and saw a picture of Harry and I. It had been of us kissing on the stone bench outside. I blushed crimson as I realized that the photographer was a sneaky lad. The slideshow finished a few minutes later, and everyone stood up, helping push a few of the tables aside to make room for a bigger dance floor as the DJ cranked up the music. It was now a little past 9 o'clock, and getting dark outside, but it was lit up outside with white lights.

"Wanna take a walk?" He asked.

I nodded and he ushered me out as everyone piled onto the already crowded dance floor. There were people outside, enjoying the soft breeze, talking to one another. Harry and I walked on the side of the property, next to the tree line.

"Is Prom everything you expected?"

I took a second to think of how to answer, already re-living what had happened tonight. I reached for his hand nervously, and touching my fingertips lightly to his hand, he laced our fingers together.

"Yes, it is. It's way better," I smiled up at him.

"I'm happy about that."

I pulled my hand away from his and stopped walking. He looked confused for a second, but I opened my clutch and pulled out my camera. He smiled once he saw what I was doing. I turned it on and held it in front of me.

"Smile, Curly," I laughed.

He smiled wide, posing with his hands on his hips in a very girly way. I laughed as I took the picture.

"Your turn," he grinned, taking the camera from me. He held it in front of him, as I posed as if I was blowing him a kiss. He smiled and took the picture.

"Very cute."

I took the camera from him, turning around and taking a picture of the building of our Prom. I felt Harry's arms go around my waist, his chin resting on my shoulder. I turned the camera around and smiled, capturing our moment. I turned my body, leaning into him to capture our lips in a kiss, taking another picture. We continued kissing even after I took the picture. I didn't want to leave his embrace. I hugged him tightly around his neck and he buried his face into the crook of my neck.

"What do you want to do after?" He whispered.

I shrugged, "I don't really want to go to any parties."

"Will spending time with me be alright..?"

I pulled back a little to look into his eyes, "it'll be great," I smiled.

He smiled and picked me up, spinning me around a couple of times before setting me down.

"Alright, we're about to slow it down after this song! Couples, get on the floor!" I heard from the building.