TOM 0.2

4 years later

4 years later

Eliza is 19

I screamed in pain as i tried to deliver my baby. I had fallen with Henry's child and over the months the news that his official mistress was giving the king a baby was scandalous. They had come to look down on me and my family was ashamed.

Little screams erupted and i sighed in relief and leant back into the pillows, my child was taken away and the midwife talked with the physician.

"Congratulations, my lady. It is a healthy boy." I smiled, he was handed to me and the door opened. Henry stood in the door way and he had pure joy on his face. I looked down at my little boy then back at his father.

"Would you like to meet your son?" he came in and sat down beside me. I handed him his newborn. The look of happiness outweighed Catherine's births.

"With your permission, I hope he would be named Arthur."

"You have made me very happy." he handed Arthur back and kissed my forehead before leaving. Henry acknowledged Arthur as his. Arthur Fitzroy. And there were large celebrations. I stood watching Henry celebrate when Cardinal Wolsey.

"His Majesty wishes to inform you that the son you bore will be acknowledged as Arthur Fitzroy. Upon reaching his six year he will be made a Duke. He had also bestowed a Marquee and Duchy, towards yourself. A amount of land and housing will be also given to you and more to his Grace." I turned toward him

"Tell me your eminence, could your Queen do this." I smirked and turned towards my rooms.

-------

I walked through the halls with pride. In the eyes of the court me baring a son of the King I was to be treated with respect. I had been made Duchess of Essex.

"Your Grace." A lad of Queen Catherine curtsied "Her Majesty the Queen wishes to speak with you."

"Very well." I made my way to her chambers.

"Your Majesty, The Duchess of Essex." I entered and curtsied

"Your majesty. You wished to talk with me." she dismissed most of her ladies.

"You have born his majesty a son. A son who has surpassed the life of my own children that i have birthed." She stated

"Yes."

"I must congratulate you. "

"Thank you. Might I speak freely, your majesty."

"You may." I walked forward.

" You seemed worried, upset. But console yourself. God will grant you a child, he is all that is pure and loving. And if he grants you no male issue, then I think you will know his message." She stood

"Lady Elizabetta, why is your heart filled with such hate to me? Have i not welcomed you, loved you as a Queen to a Lady would."

"Catherine, you think my emotion toward you is because you did not love me, did not welcome me? Because you are Queen?"

"Yes."

"Oh no. Tell me what do think would have happened if Arthur had lived." I walked around

"I would be his wife."

"Yes, and I would be Henry's." I turned to her "The crowns , The titles. Are of no particular importance to me. I have been in love with Henry since my mother told me what love was. He was supposed to marry me but married you instead." I grinned at her.

"But do not fret, because you are Queen of England and I am Queen of his heart. I also bear his a son. In the end it is I who is the more accomplished." I curtsied once more.

"I do not hate you, Catherine. I pity you." I left

----1519-----

I stood at the front of the crowd six years later. The trumpets sounded as my little boy was escorted, today he would be made a Duke. Arthur made his way forward and knelt in front of his father who had nothing but bride etched into his face.

" Arthur Fitzroy. You are by order and permission of his Majesty King Henry. Today created Duke of Richmond and Somerset. And Earl of Nottingham." Henry stood and took a small crown off the cushion to place it upon our son's head. Henry then betrothed him with a dagger before kissing his cheek.

"Arise, your Grace." He lifted him up laughing slightly. I placed a hand to my heart as I was filled with so much joy. Henry Let him sit on his throne which gave a clear statement. In absence of a legitimate heir Arthur was favourite. Mary his daughter of 2 years.

----

Arthur, entered with his tutors and Guardians. I curtsied

"Your Grace." I then smiled and knelt down.

"Mama." I hugged him as I felt the tears begin to rise.

"Arthur, my sweet you must listen." I pulled away and held his hands. "You shall own your own property now. You will have lots of people around you. But you must good. You might be higher than then but they are more wise. It would make me very upset and displeased if hear you have gotten too proud. Be thoughtful, kind and pleasant to those around you."

"I promise Mama." I hugged him once more and began to cry.

"I love you my sweet darling boy." I kissed his head and took his hand.

"Please look after him."

"I will your Grace." I let go of his hand and he was taken away.