TOM 0.1

So this came to me and it has been bugging me so much that i just had to get it down and out. Also it's to tidy over till I have edited my unpublished stories

-Elizabetta-

I ran through the gardens laughing as i was being chased by my dearest friend, Henry. I tripped over my own two feet and fell to the ground.

"Eliza!" Henry stopped and turned me over. "Oh, silly Eliza. Always running too fast."

"It's so you will not catch me."

"I will always catch you and I will marry you one day." I smiled up at him

"Till then you shall have to keep catching me." I stood up and started running again.

- -

I stood in the crowd watching, Henry marry Catherine. I felt a tear roll down my cheek as i started at the two. My King, lover, friend and heart's desire. I was supposed to be standing where she was, this was supposed to be my wedding. But now he was King and he had to do right by his country seen as his brother, the one who was supposed to be king died.

I would be nothing but a mistress now, because she would bear him sons and everything would be right for him. He turned his head round to look at me and I looked down. Later at the celebrations I decided to put on the happiest face possible and dance with our very good friend Charles Brandon.

"You are sad Eliza." he commented handing me a goblet of wine.

"Why would you think that Charles?"

"You smile as if you are happy but your eyes, they say that it was you who was sat by Henry's side." We looked towards Henry and Catherine.

"She doesn't know him, she will never know him. Not like I do. Now i have to serve under her." i took a sip of my wine.

"He loves you but..."

"He is King, and I'm not worthy to be Queen." He stood in front of me as I glared towards the couple. Henry must of known because he looked over. Charles cleared his throat.

"It is not that, England just lost its King. And his father made him promised that he would marry her." I snapped up

"What about his promise to me? To make me his wife. I'm not interested in the crown, or the power, or the status. Ever since I was a little girl, it's always been him. His brother was supposed to be King and we could marry. He asked me, He promised me. Not her. I do not care about England or anything apart from him. Now she is sitting there calling him her husband. And every single day for the rest of my life, i will hear nothing but that." I sulked off back to my chambers.

My maid Lucinda was undoing my corset when the doors opened.

"His majesty the King!" I turned round and curtsied.

"Leave us." they all left and I stared at him.

"May I help you...Your Majesty." he flinched when I used such address towards him.

"You must not call me that, Eliza."

"Why, you are King. And Catherine is Queen, your wife." I turned back towards the mirror and undid my hair.

"I had no choice. My father...."

"Is dead. Yet you were still adamant that I would be your wife. You betrayed me." he took my arms.

"No. Eliza, I love you. Not her. She is my wife but she does not have my heart."

"I am young but not foolish. Not anymore."

"Eliza. I promise, I love you and only you, but my contrary needs her to be Queen. To produce male heirs."

"I would have done that."

"You shall be my mistress, my one and only." I turned to face him

"A whore? You want me to become your whore? To parade around this palace while everyone whispers? Spread lies and rumours about me. Dishonour my family and myself. To have your new Queen, look down at me as nothing but snake who shares your bed." He grabbed onto me and kissed me.

I gasped after he pulled away.

"You Elizabetta Charleston, will never be a whore. You are mine and mine only. I know I swore that you would be my wife but sadly it did not turn out that way. But you will always be my lover, friend, the Queen of my heart and that is a more important title than any other. Do you understand." I nodded and smiled "