Chapter 10

- Emmalina's POV -

"YOU'RE A HOOD?" Callum said. Well, he more shouted it.

"Shhh, they'll hear you." I tried calming him down.

"You're a Hood?" He whispered it this time.

"Yes."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

Oh great, I thought, biting my lip. He's mad at me now.

"Callum, calm down." Samantha said. "I'm sure Emma has a very good reason."

On the inside I gave a huge groan. My reasons were completely selfish, now that I though about it.

"Welllll...Yes, I'm a Hood. My mother was Maid Marian and my dad was Robin of Locksley. I hid them from you because..." I struggled to find a way to explain it.

"Well?" Callum asked.

I hung my head.

"I was afraid."

"Afraid of what? Em, Robin Hood and Maid Marian are legends. Why would you be afraid?"

"I never knew my dad, Callum. I was afraid that if I told anyone they would start asking me questions, and...and I wouldn't know anything about him."

Tears started welling up in my eyes and I fought to hold them back.

"I was afraid I'd be treated differently."

To my surprise, Callum smiled. Instead of yelling at me and asking me how I could be so selfish, he smiled.

He walked over to me and put one arm around my shoulders. I wasn't short, but he still towered above me. I leaned my head on his shoulder and said, "Thanks for taking this so well, Callum."

"Why would I yell at you? We're friends. I could never yell at you."

I sighed with relief and brushed a tear away from my cheek.

"Now," Callum said, getting back to business. "I wasn't aware that Robin Hood had siblings, nor Maid Marian. So who is this Uncle of yours?"

"Well, he isn't my blood Uncle, I've just been calling him that since I was little girl. He's called Little John. I haven't seen him since I was twelve."

"Why not?" Samantha asked me.

"After Ma died he went to go find Pa. I hadn't seen him since. Not until a few minutes ago."

"Where did you see him?" Callum asked.

"Down the hall. I only caught a glimpse of him, but when I called his name he looked up. It's him alright."

"Well, he has most likely been here longer then we have. Maybe he can help us get out."

"I don't know, but-" I was cut off by footsteps coming down the hall.

"Quick, look casual!" Samantha said.

I sat crisscross on the floor against the wall, callum lay down on the bed and put his hands behind his head, and Samantha leaned against the wall, pretending to check her nails. The footsteps came closer and we heard a key slide into the lock on our cell door. Two guards came in and told us to follow them. We walked back through the hall but then turned off on another branch that led into a sort of underground courtyard. We were up on a balcony and the man with the furs was there, looking out over the 'courtyard'. As we walked towards him he turned to look at us.

"You," He said, pointing at me. "Come here."

I walked to the railing and the man said, "That man, do you recognize him?"

I looked to where he was pointing and saw a tall man with red hair, working with a pic at the hard rock earth. He was tall and lene with sun tanned skin. They must work on the surface as well, I thought. He looked strangely familiar and I thought I'd seen him before. But then when I thought about it I realized this man was much too old. He was in his late forties.

"Never seen him before." I answered.

The man in the furs  looked  at me for a minute then said, "Hmm, oh well. Take them back to their cell. I don't want to deal with them at the moment."

What's that suppose to mean, I thought. I didn't know but I thought now would be a good time to try and escape. I looked around me and caught a glimpse of a piece of wire. I swerved out of the way and picked it up before getting pushed back into the line. I slid it up my sleeve, having no idea what I was going to do with it. We were led right back to our cell and the door was shut behind us, nearly 60 pounds of oak; and we had absolutely no plan of escape.

....................................................................................

-Callum's POV - 

"We've gotta get out of here." I thought out loud.

"Yes, but how?" Sam asked.

"I...Don't know."

We both sighed. We've never had to escape from an underground hideout before.

I  glanced a really quick at Em by the door, looked out the window, then snapped my head towards Em again.

"Em, what are you doing?"

She didn't answer.

Just as I was about to walk over to her she stood up and gently pushed the door wide open. Sam and I stared wide eyed at the empty corridor in front of us, our jaws dropped.

"I didn't know you would pick a lock." I said.

"Neither did I." She answered, giving me a sad attempt at a smile.

"How did you do it?" Sam asked.

Em got a mischievous glint in her eye and held up a deformed piece of wire.

After a moment of astonishment we quietly slipped out of the cell, making sure to close the door behind us.

-Hey guys, sorry for this late update but I had serious writers block. Anyway, I hope you liked the chapter. Thanks for reading :D - Anna

- Alright, for this chapter I wanted to ask you a few questions:

(1) Who is your favorite character and why?
(2) What would you like to see more of? (More details, more in depth with a certain characters feelings, etc.)
(3) Would you like longer chapters?
(4) What's your over all view of the story?

Could  you answer these in the comment section? Thank you - Love ya XD -