2- The Front Of the Class pt.2

6 years ago.

A few weeks had passed since Jerome had arrived, and a few things were evident.

1- Jerome was a huge class clown. Every chance he got, he'd interrupt the lecture to make a joke or funny remark, much to the amusement of the class, and the annoyance of Mrs.Wyatt.

He was funny, loud, outgoing and spoke his mind, which made him a favorite among the kids.

2- Willow had a huge crush on Jerome. She followed him around like a lost puppy where ever he went, and he didn't seem to mind.

They had shared a small peck on the lips one recess, and were as close to "dating" as fourth graders could be. Jerome was very over protective of Willow, not letting any of the kids pick on her.

3- Mrs.Wyatt did not like Jerome. She had no valid explanation for her dislike toward the boy, but there was just something about him.

She believed she had a special talent for recognizing bad apples, and Jerome was certainly a rotten one. It was the little things he did, like the look in his eyes when someone would talk to Willow.

It was the look of a spoiled toddler that was about to throw a tantrum over their sibling taking their toy at play time. But it wasn't just childish jealousy, it was something deeper.

As an elementary teacher, she had seen her fair share of class clowns, but none irritated her quite as much as when Jerome would interrupt her teaching to entertain the class.

4- There was something strange about Jerome's home life.
Sometimes his mood switched out of the blue. Jerome had been sent to the principals office multiple times from throwing tantrums in class, or harming other students.

She had told him on multiple occasions that she wanted to speak with his mother, but he always said it wasn't possible, and changed the subject.

It wasn't long before teachers started noticing the bruises on Jerome. Each time he was asked about them, he made excuses. Nobody could get ahold of his mother or any sort of guardian.

5- Jerome had serious behavioral issues.
Mrs.Wyatt knew that Jerome was a troubled child, but she never thought it would get out of hand, but one day it did:

Willow had been searching the play ground for Jerome when she ran into one of the older boys. "Sorry" she said, trying to step around him. The older boy blocked her path.

" where you going weeping Willow, looking for you red headed freak of a boyfriend?" he snickered.
"He's not a freak" she said, growing angry.

"Yes he is" the older boy insisted.
"Shut up or I'll make you shut up!" she seethed. By now, a crowd was beginning to form around them.
"Aw, is Willow gonna cry?" he taunted "your such a cry baby, maybe that's why your daddy killed himself".

Willows mouth fell open and she heard multiple gasps from the crowd. Tears filled her eyes and she raised her right hand, slapping the larger boy across the face as hard as she could.

His eyes widened in shock, and he placed a hand over his cheek which now sported a bright red hand mark.
His eyes then filled with anger at being humiliated in front of his classmates, and he shoved Willow to the ground.
She cried out as she skinned her knees on the ground. The boy bent down and grabbed a handful of her hair, pulling hard.

"Stop!" she cried. Suddenly the boy was ripped off of her and thrown to the ground.
Jerome was on top of him, his fists connecting with the boys face over and over. The crowd looked on in horror as Jerome continued pounding the boy to a bloodied pulp.

Willow jumped to her feet and tried to pull him off "Jerome stop!" she yelled "that's enough!". But he wouldn't budge. There was maniacal look in his eyes, and it wasn't Jerome, it was someone else. Willow quickly ran to get a teacher.

It took four teachers to pry Jerome off of the bloody boy, and haul him to the office.

That was the first time Willow was afraid of Jerome, but certainly not the last.

----------------------------------

Ohhh, foreshadowing? ;) Im sorry these chapter are pretty sucky right now, but I just wanted to give you guys some back round on Willow and Jerome's past. I'm only doing one more chapter like this before I start the actual story. It'll get better guys I promise.

Xoxo