Chapter 15- Let's go for a run

It had been a few weeks since the ceremony and I had been spending almost all my time with the pack. It was Sunday afternoon and a bunch of us were huddled around the TV, watching some comedy.

I laughed and Tyler pulled me closer to him. I look at him and see him smiling at me. I can't help but smile back and feel my face heat up.

"I love your laugh," he whispers in my ear.

My face grows redder and he kisses my cheek.

"Do you want to go for a run?" he asks me, looking towards the kitchen and the back door.

I nod eagerly and we quickly got up while trying not to block anyone's view. The crisp air outside blows my hair around as we walk into the woods. Tyler grabs my hand, spinning me around and places a soft, sweet kiss on my lips. I smile into the kiss and eagerly kiss him back. We kiss a little more as Tyler's arms circle around my waist. When we break apart for air, I rest my head on Tyler's chest, basking in the happiness that's bubbling inside me. Tyler tilts my head up and tries to kiss me again, but I sneak my way out of his arms.

"Ah ah ah," I say as I shake my head. "You have to catch me first." I peel my shirt off over my head and strip down, Tyler doing the same. I shift into my wolf and before Tyler can even move, I'm off running full speed deeper into the forest. I can hear him behind me, bushes rustling and twist snapping. He almost catches me, but I quickly change directions and make a ninety degree turn to my right and increase my speed. I can barely hear Tyler now as the little lake comes into view. Just as I come out into the clearing, I'm tackled from my left side to the ground. I roll with my attacker and they end up hovering over me. I look up to see it's Tyler. He gives me a wolfy grin and licks my face.

'I win,' he says in my mind through the pack link.

I quickly flip us over so I'm hovering over him now. 'Nope, I win!'

He moves to flip us over again, but instead brings me to the ground to lie beside him. I look into his bright blue eyes and he yawns wide. I curl into his side and close my eyes, both of us drifting off into a peaceful sleep in our wolf forms.

I feel something nudge me from the side and I slowly open my eyes to see Tyler's wolf trying to wake me. I yawn and stretch my legs out.

'Come on, Kate. It's almost dinner time and I have a surprise for you.'

'A surprise?!' I say quickly hopping to my paws.

I can hear him chuckle as he says 'Yes, now come on.'

We run back to the edge of the woods, shifting back and changing into our clothes. We went into his house and he took me upstairs to his room.

"Now wait here," he said, closing the door behind him, but not before he made sure I was sitting on his bed and wasn't going to try to get up. I smiled as I waited for him. What could it be?? I thought to myself. My wolf inside me was getting excited too.

The door opened and Tyler walked in with his hands behind his back.

"Since it's been two months since you changed, I thought we should celebrate," he said, as he brought out cookies from behind his back. The cookies had blue icing and were in the shaped of wolves and half moons. I giggled and took a cookie, biting into it. It was soft and the icing melted in your mouth.

I smiled to Tyler. "Thank you," I said kissing his cheek.

"You're welcome," he said, flashing me one of his bright smiles.

We laid down on his bed, cuddling close and eating our cookies. I looked at Tyler and the happiness inside me bubbled up again. I couldn't help but to think to myself, goodness, I'm really falling in love with this guy.

Okay, so I know this chapter is short, but I wanted a sweet little chapter to bring some happiness into the book.  Things are really gonna start happening from here on out so be prepared!