Chapter 9- The Big Day

I smoothed my dress and took one last look at myself in my full-length mirror as I heard the doorbell ring. I could hear the sound of my dad opening the door and greeting Tyler. I inhaled deeply and ran a quick check over my eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick ensuring they were all still perfect. I had opted for minimal make-up tonight, being that I wasn't a huge fan of it. Taking another deep breath, I opened the door to my room and slowly walked down the hall to the stairs. I walked down them as I heard my mom snap pictures while on the verge of crying. She always got emotional over dances, but the fact that I had a date to my senior Homecoming made it that much more special. I smiled at Tyler as he reached for my hand as I got to the bottom of the stairs.

"You look beautiful Kate," he said, still giving me that dazzling smile.

I smiled shyly back at him as we walked outside to take some pictures. After pictures with my parents, we went to his parent's house to take more.

"Oh, sweetheart, you look so beautiful," Mrs. Davidson, Tyler's mom, said smiling at me, as we walked up to their house. I had been to their house a million times and Tyler's mother was almost like a second mother to me.

We took more pictures there and were soon off to dinner with our friends. Tyler and I were meeting Scotty and Becca and also Jamie and Seth at a small Italian restaurant in town. It was dimly lit and had an intimate feel to it with amazing food. We laughed as we talked and ate and soon, it was time to leave for the dance. We all paid and quickly hoped in our cars, excited for some dancing to begin.

As soon as we got the school, the boys walked off to get us all drinks while us girls headed to the dance floor. The multi-colored lights were pulsing with the music. An upbeat pop song came on and we all started dancing with each other to it in a small circle. This was my favorite part of all the dances, getting dressed up and letting lose and dancing. Another song came on and we all began dancing closer to each other.

I felt strong hands grab my waist and pull me back, closer to the person. I turned, suddenly alarmed, but relaxed when I saw it was just Tyler. He held out a cup to me and I gratefully took it. It was extremely hot in the school's front area and I was dying of thirst. Another pop song came on and we all danced in a small circle with each other. I downed my drink and tossed it in the trash, coming back just in time for a slow song to begin. Tyler grabbed my hand and pulled me close. I placed my right hand on his shoulder and grasped his right hand with my left one. His left hand came around to rest on the small of my back. We began a slow rhythm, dancing to the sweet sound of the music.

"Kate, I've liked you for so, so long. I just didn't know how to tell you. I didn't want you to reject me or to ruin our friendship. But I had to take a chance before the end of the year and we moved away to college and maybe never see each other again. I just prayed to the Godess that you would say yes."

Our lips met in the softest of kisses. Happiness bubbled up in me until I felt like I was ready to explode. We broke apart and Tyler rested his forehead on mine. I couldn't help the smile that lit up my face as Tyler gave me a dazzling one of his own.

Hello readers, sorry this update is so short-I'm just so excited to begin the real part of the story!!  From here on out the will begin the new world for Kate.  I cannot wait for the exciting parts of the story to begin.  I have such big plans for the story in the future! I even have ideas for a sequel as well.  But anyways I hope you enjoy this chapter! Let me know what you think!!