Chapter 13-Meeting with the Goddess

I was standing in a beautiful green meadow filled with hundreds of wildflowers. I bent to pick one and brought it to my nose, inhaling the sweet smell. I walked through the meadow, enjoying the warmth of the sun on my skin. A group of wolf pups ran by, chasing and playing with one another. I looked on in awe, captured by the innocence of the scene. I continued to walk until I came upon a beautiful woman standing, as if waiting for me.

"Hello, my child," she said softly, in a voice that sounded almost like silk. She was beautiful in long flowing white robes, with golden hair half pulled back and a crown made of flowers in her hair.

"Hi," I said shyly, smiling.

"My dearest Kate, you are destined for great things. Just remember to follow your wolf and your heart," she said smiling at me. "No matter what happens to you, know that I have a plan for you and that everything that happens is because I have a reason for it all. You may not know what that reason is at the time, but you will know someday."

"Yes, Mother," I said, bowing slightly. When I looked up, she had vanished.

I woke to the sound of my alarm going off. What a crazy dream. Who was that woman? I lay in bed for a few moments more, before getting up and heading into my bathroom. I quickly did my business, washed my face, brushed my teeth, and got dressed. I ran downstairs to find my mom in the kitchen, typing on her computer. I grabbed an apple and planted a kiss on my mom's cheek.

"Morning sweetie. Oh goodness! I've got to go! I'll be late!" she said, hurriedly throwing her computer and things into her briefcase. "Goodbye hun. Have a wonderful day at school!" She kissed my cheek and rushed out to her car to leave. I sat at the counter for a few minutes, waiting for Tyler to pick me up.

This would be my first day back to school since turning. Tyler had taken the rest of the weekend to answer all of my questions and to take me out on my first run. We had agreed, along with his mother, that I should go to training and take a class to learn more about wolf history and how this whole thing works. Werewolves in his pack normally took this class at a young age, but being that I hadn't been born a werewolf, I needed to learn more about myself and about the history of our kind.

I heard a horn beep and I grabbed my bag and walked out the front door, locking it behind me. I smiled as I walked to Tyler's car and opened the front door. I climbed in and Tyler planted a soft, sweet kiss on my cheek. I smiled at him and felt my face heat up. He backed out of the driveway, settling his hand in mine as he drove.

My first day went by pretty well. The only trouble I had was the urge to claw out Chelsea Miller's eyes when I saw her leaning against the locker next to Tyler's, trying to seductively rub his arm. Tyler had to drag me away to an empty stairway and kiss away my anger.

I now leaned against Tyler's car, waiting for him after school so that he could take me to the pack house. I was to officially meet the Alpha, the leader of the pack I was going to be joining on the next full moon. They were called the Blue Moon Pack. Since even wild wolves were pack-creature, I learned our kind like to stay in groups as well for safety and a feeling of belonging.

The cool air felt heavenly against my hot skin. That was another new thing I had learned. Werewolves, as a race, ran naturally hot. I had also discovered my sight and hearing were better and that I could react quicker and had better reflexes. I closed my eyes, drawing in a deep breath as I leaned back against the car. A familiar scent hit my nose just before I felt Tyler's arms wrap around my waist and his lips plant a soft kiss on my forehead. I leaned into him, drawing in his scent, and wrapped my arms around him.