Chapter 14-The Ceremony

Tyler's mom and I were rummaging the racks, looking for something suitable to wear to the pack ceremony. It was only a few days away, so I didn't have much time. I had been spending a lot of time at the pack house the last few weeks. The whole pack had been really helpful with my transition so far and they have really become a second family to me.

"How about this one?" Mrs. Davidson said. She held out a strapless white dress that hugged you up top, but flared out as it went down.

"Hmmm, I don't know. It's a possibility. We'll keep it in the pile," I said and Mrs. Davidson placed the dress on top of the growing pile in our shopping cart.

We continued browsing and I switch to a few different racks to keep looking. It was tradition to wear white. Girls wore white dresses and guys wore white pants and a white shirt. It was to signify our pure love and dedication to the goddess. Another tradition was that it was held on the full moon, the time when the goddess is supposed to be closest to us, walking with us in spirit on the Earth.

"Kate, put everything down. I've found the one!" Mrs. Davidson excitedly squealed. She held out a half-sleeve mid-thigh white dress that flowed beautifully and had lace sleeves. It was perfect.

I nodded and took it straight to the dressing room. I came out and stood in front of the three-way mirror.

"Oh, Kate. It's perfect. You look beautiful. That dress was made for you," Mrs. Davidson said smiling at me.

"Thank you," I said, my cheeks turning pink. Mrs. Davidson had always been like a second mom to me and she never had any girls of her own to shop with, so she had been thrilled when I asked her to help me pick a dress for the ceremony. I paid and we left the shop in search of something to eat.

I sat in front of the mirror, fixing my hair into a waterfall braid. Tyler would be here any minute to pick me up. The ceremony was tonight after dark, when the full moon was high in the sky. My parents thought we were going on a date and that I was staying at Becca's afterwards. I smoothed my dress and put on my black flats, grabbing my bag before leaving my room. Walking downstairs, I found Tyler already in the living room with my parents.

"You look beautiful," he said, kissing my cheek as he met me at the bottom of the staircase.

I felt my face heat up with the blush that spread there. "Thank you," I said as I took his hand in mine and we started towards the door. "Bye Mom. Bye Dad. I'll see you guys tomorrow."

"Bye, have fun you two," the both said in unison as they cuddled closer on the couch.

I shut the door behind me and we walked hand in hand to Tyler's car. He opened the door for me and I slid in, careful to keep my dress from riding up. He got in the driver seat and the engine roared to life. He backed out of the driveway and we were soon on our way. The drive seemed to go faster every time I came here and like always, before I knew it we were at the pack house. Tyler parked and we were headed inside to drop my bag before heading outside, making our way to the big clearing about a mile form the house where the ceremony would be held.

The air was crisp and soon I could se the glow of the lanterns coming from the clearing. The trees opened up and you could see the lanterns outlining the clearing full of at least a hundred wolves. The full moon shone down brightly, bathing us in her light. The wolf inside me was wriggling, excited to be let out and accepted by the pack.

I walked towards the front, where Alpha Ryan stood waiting, smiling. I stood in line with the rest of the new members and we all sat, waiting for the Alpha to speak. Wolves continued to pour into the clearing, all excitedly chatting about the ceremony tonight. After a few minutes, Alpha Ryan stood and the clearing grew quiet.