Chapter 21

We to the party which Clare and Angel had put together. I sat back watching Ben dance with the younger girls and couldn't help but think that he'll be an amazing Alpha.

"Tor Tor!" I smiled to look up to find Eli standing behind me. I couldn't help to feel the disappointment wash over me.

"Hey Eli, how are you?" I spoke cautiously trying not to let my words betray me. He knelt in front of me making me raise my eyebrows in curiousity.

"I spoke with Ben and Andrew they were looking up the old ways to find that your a direct line to the Innocent Pack." He spoke with determination.

"And?" It came out almost like a whisper.

"Well the pack 's Alpha was said to have a small group of people sworn to protect him. I know we are doing things the old way. So I would like to pledge myself to you like my brother did."

I looked up to see everyone stopped to watch us, the music playing in the back ground. I touched Eli's cheek. "Eli I would be proud to have someone like you try to protect me." He smiled the biggest smile til I said the next part. "But I am your Alpha I am meant to protect you." He looked furious at me but held his tounge.

" Actually " Ben stepped in. " You have little say. According to old text the pack is to protect the Alpha just as much as the Alpha is to protect the pack. And if we are doing the old way...... The Alpha was not allowed to choose who protected them."

"Then who did?" I regretted the question the moment it came out.

"The Beta" We all turned towards Andrew as he spoke. " The Beta was charged with the duty of protecting the Alpha and Luna. They would form a test either intellectual or physical  to choose the best to protect their leaders."

"I WILL NOT HAVE MY PACK LAY THEIR LIVES DOWN FOR ME." I growled

"You chose to go this route Vic... Alpha Silver." He glanced at the other pack remembering his self.  "All due respect but are you a leader that goes down on her word when she doesn't like something?"

We glared challenging each other to back down. He didn't and neither would I.  Roxy touched his shoulder. "Andrew." He shivered at her words." Why don't we discuss this at a better time?" He nodded before storming off. I looked around to see Eli was gone. The party continued with me left in silence quietly watching the crowd. Luna Phillips sat down next to me.

"Luna." I nodded to her in respect.

"Oh Victoria it's just us girls. I told you to call me Bell." She said frustrated I laughed. "You know they are right. Right?"

I sighed. "Yes I do, but....." I trailed off.

" I've spoken with many of your pack." I looked at her bewildered. "Oh stop your worrying they all said the same things. How great you are, all you've sacrificed for them, some even gave me stories. But they all said one thing that was exactly the same, they want to do more for you and to see you happy." I watched her as she looked at me sadly.

"I'll think about it but he is just a child."

"So were you and your still alive." I looked for the judgement on her face to only find respect. "He also wants to make his brother proud. I didn't need the stories to know he loved you as much as you loved him. Eli knows this and probably doesn't know anything else to do." I sighed in defeat.

" I will catch you later, Lun .... Bell." She smiled as I got up and started to walk towards the house. I opened up our link. ' Eli..... Andrew..... Ben..... Trevor come find me in my room."  They all quickly filed into my room one by one. "Andrew I'm sure you have already come up with a test?" He nodded before I looked at Eli. "If you pass the test then you can protect me, Eli you are dismissed." He quickly bowed before leaving probably trying to go before my logic kicks back in. "Now, starting tomorrow we prepare for war with the Blood Pack and find Mikey." They grinned. I opened up the pack links. "My faithful pack. As Alpha of the Star Park invoke my right on to war on the Blood Pack. All those unable head for the pack house for safety. Once our guests leave no one comes in or out of our borders." I heard the chorus of howls as I shut the links down.