Three Times The Surprise

It was time for my 13 week ultrasound (3 months approx.) I already had a good three inches worth of a baby bump. I thought this was quite strange since I'm not far along at all yet. The guys and Murr have been so supportive. As well as our families. Me and Murr had been incredibly busy planning for our wedding. We decided to get married when I was about six months pregnant. The baby bump would look beautiful in a wedding dress. I was pulled out of my re-capping thoughts by James.

"I'm so excited to see the baby on the ultrasound!" Murr exclaimed. I giggled. His excitement was cute.

"Me too, honey." I smiled. We walked into the clinic, got called into our room, and sat down. After getting examined, measured, weighed, etc., the doctor said it was time for an ultrasound. I laid down, and the doctor began to do the ultrasound. Murr was absolutely perplexed and amazed at the screen. 

"I can't tell what features are which, but I already love the little thing so much!" Murr said through near tears of joy. I held his hand. But the doctor suddenly became very interested in the screen, and maybe worried? I couldn't read his expression very well...

"Sir? Ma'am? There uh...there seems to be some uh...well...some...uuuuh...news I must tell you." He says. I shoot the doctor a worried look.

"Is everything alright with the baby?" I ask, worriedly. 

The doctor chuckles and shakes his head, then looks at me and Murr. 

"Babies...not baby. But yes, everything is going great with your babies." He says. I didn't understand.

"What do you mean, 'babies?'" I ask. 

"You guys are going to have three babies. Not one. Elyse, you're pregnant with triplets." The doctor says. 

My shock takes over, and I am temporarily lost in a sea of denial. THREE BABIES?!?! Murr and I are going to have THREE CHILDREN?!?! AT ONE TIME?!?! HOW IN THE HELL DID THIS HAPPEN?!?! 

"Oh...OH....Oh my GOD! I'M GETTING THREE CHILDREN! ELYSE, I GET TO BE 'DADDY' TO OUR THREE CHILDREN!" Murr yelled from excitement. He started laughing. From shock or pure bliss, I couldn't tell. But I was glad he was taking it well. I didn't quite know how I was receiving this..predicament. The doctor cleaned me off, and we talked about due dates and things now that I knew I was having three babies. He explained I'd be delivered by a C-Section. But I could go into labor at any time, so I'd need to take things easy. Very easy. Since I had three babies in me, the stress from the sacs they were growing in were under extreme pressure, so even though I was not far along at all, I could have them at any time. The doctor explained if I could make it to nine months with three babies growing inside of me, that that would be incredible, and the babies would come out perfectly healthy. But if any dangers or problems came up between now and then, he'd have to deliver me. 

Me and Murr left the doctors office. We talked about everything, and decided the news was good. But our apartment...it was small. It only had one spare bedroom. When our babies are small, it will be fine, but what about when they get to the toddler stage, or kid age? What then? They need space. In New York, that'd be hard to find but I'm sure we could find a space. We now had to find a new place, plan our wedding, but also a baby shower. We decided to reveal the fact that we were expecting triplets then. We'd want the baby shower soon...so we decided when I got about 16 weeks along (4 months) we'd throw one. We also decided that the genders could wait until the babies were born. 

So much to do, in such little time. How can Murr and I handle it? There is so much to plan for...oy.

A/N: Stay tuned you guys! I hope you like the huge plot twist I threw in. :) And thank you to those of you who leave comments, I read them all. And thank you those who vote. Keep the views coming. Bye for now!