Chapter Eighteen: Revealed

"Why do you have this necklace?"

He set me down on my feet and covered the area where his necklace was. "I...I remembered everything."

"Really?"

He nodded. "I remembered how I asked Jared that night to come to you. I asked him to wear that mask and tell you to forget about us."

"Wh.....what do you mean?" I asked. Then all this time...

"I'm the real one." He stated. "I don't know what happened but I got into an accident and lost my memories. Jared must've used that chance to lie to me that I was in a relationship with Jessica so I would stay away from you."

"But why? Who is Jared then? Is he one of the person chasing you?" I asked, recalling the time when they had kidnapped Jessica.

"Where is he?" The man breathed out. "Where the hell is your bastard of a brother?! Do you have any idea how much money he stole from me?"

Now everything made sense. The note. He told me to bring the masked man if I wanted Jessica back.

"He's your brother....but...why would he pretend to be you?"

"Because you're the reason everything started." He mumbled.

Started what?

"You killed our mother," I gasped as someone's fingers wrapped around my neck.

"Jared! Let her go!" William shouted.

"Why? You know what she did....she's the reason we're in this mess in the first place!" Jared shouted, making me flinch in fear.

"I-I don't understand....what....who did I kill?" I didn't kill anybody!

"Stop lying already! You still won't admit it?! If I bring you to her, will you remember?" He threw me to the ground and pulled something out of his pocket.

"Jared no!"

And before I knew it, I was knocked out cold.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

My body was in so much pain. I could feel a throbbing pain at the back of my head and my legs felt cramped up from my current position.

I slowly peeled my eyes opened and observed my surrounding. I was inside a small room. A window by the side with white curtains and a table with a vase of flowers in it.

I turned around and spotted a woman sleeping on a bed, connected to a machine.

What's going on?

I started recalling everything that happened and looked around the room frantically. Where was Jared and William?

I stood up and slowly made my way towards the bed. My eyes widen when it came in contact with the name tag above the bed.

Tears were welling up in my eyes and my hands were shaking from fear. This is impossible!

The woman's face was bruised and wrapped in bandages, her face so deformed that I couldn't even recognize her.

"Emery...."

I turned around to find William with a glass of water. "William...tell me..." I begged. "Tell me who this woman is....she...."

I wanted him to say it wasn't who I thought it was. I wanted him to tell me that I was only imagining it.

"That's my mother...." He smiled sadly. "She got into an accident two years ago and she's been in a coma ever since."

"No...this isn't happening...." I mumbled, my tears falling uncontrollably.