Chapter Three: Stranger Danger

I have no idea what time it was. All I know is that I've been standing here for a long time, staring at the city lights. I was standing by a a big tree, five time the size of me.

There was a railing covering the small cliff that I was standing on. Nothing but acres of trees below. If I were to fall, I would surely die.

The breeze suddenly turned cold. My feet freezing below me. If only I had remembered to wear shoes before running away.

I sat down on the bench and brought my shaky legs to my chest. It was then that a man suddenly popped out of no where.

I screamed and his eyes widen. He quickly ran towards me and covered my mouth with his hands. I tried screaming again but he pulled me so our eyes were meeting.

"Shut up!" He growled. I immediately shut my mouth as soon as my eyes settled on his angry ones. He was wearing all black and he had a black mask on his face so I couldn't see his face.

Soon after I heard some people shouting from a couple of feet away. I was about to shout for help but their voices stopped me.

"Find that bastard and kill him....make sure no one sees."

I looked up to meet the stranger's eyes and felt shivers run down my spine. His eyes were mesmerizing, even in the dark I could see those gold flecks around his hazel eyes.

After the footsteps disappeared, he sighed and removed his hand from my mouth. "Scream and I will not hesitate to kill you."

I nodded frantically and pressed my lips together in a tight line.

He just sat there. Beside me on the bench. He began removing his shirt and I gasped when I saw a huge gash on his abdomen, while blood was still flowing through it.

I immediately brought my hands to his shirt and lift it higher.

"What are you-" I pressed his wound with my index finger and he groaned.

"Wow! That's pretty deep. Someone did a good deal on you, huh?" I examined it for a while, wiping my finger on my skirt. I realized what I just said and my head snapped up. "I-I mean it must be pretty bad!"

I froze, thinking he was going to pull out a gun and shoot my brains. But instead he threw his head back and erupted into laughter.

I felt my heart raced and I coughed, hitting my chest. Why the hell is my heart racing?

His laughter suddenly turned into choking coughs and I turned towards him, finding him crouched down and cradling his stomach.

I stood up and he looked up at me. "Stay here..." I said as I made my way around the tree. "I'm serious! Don't you dare leave!" I shouted behind me, jogging to the nearby mart.

I picked up a first aid kit before walking to the front counter, seeing Jordan standing there.

"Put it under my dad's name, will ya?"

He glared at me and started tapping the screen.

What the hell got his panties into a twist?

"Anything else?" He asked, rudely may I add. He looked me up and down and I smiled sheepishly.

I know I must look like a crazy psycho right now. Still drenched from an hour ago, my hair probably a mess right now, and walking around with no shoes on.

"Nope," I waved, jogging out the door and back to the park. I was surprised when I saw that the man was still sitting by the bench behind the tree.

He looked up at me when I returned and I smiled, placing the kit on the bench. I reached for his shirt and he jerked back, his eyes going wide.

"What are you doing?"

"My mom's a doctor, she'd kill me if she knew I ran away from an injured person." I explained.

He rolled his eyes and I took that opportunity to lift his shirt and take a look at his wound. This time he didn't stop me. So I took out the tweezer and grabbed the cotton ball, pouring some antiseptic on it and smiling at the man.

"This is gonna hurt," I whispered.

"Wait! How much does hurt actually hurts?" He asked.

I chuckled. "Like a bitch," I said and pressed the cotton ball against his wound. He cursed and groaned in pain.

"Next time....give me a damn warning..."

After I cleaned it out, I pulled out the gauze bandage and wrapped it around his lower abdomen.

"There!" I clapped my hands together and started packing up the kit. "You'll be fine in a couple of weeks. Try not to get stab again, alright?"

He chuckled and I crossed my arms across my chest as a strong wind picked up.

"Anyways do you have any idea how crazy you look right now with a mask on? You can take it off now, the guys are gone."

"You look even crazier than I am," he mumbled.

"Okay whatever it's not really my fault I ran out of the house without thinking about putting on a pair of shoes.....I mean I wasn't even in the house." I muttered the last part to myself.

"You ran away?"

I nodded. "No place to go either,"

"What about your friends?"

I shrugged. "I wanted to be alone....until you invaded."

"We can always go to my place," I can already see the smirk behind that mask.

"Yeah, you know what they always say. Stranger danger." I chuckled.

"Why are you being nice to me then? I could be a serial killer for all you know."

"Touché,"

He chuckled and stood up. "It's up to you...stay out here all night or stay under a roof where you'll probably be more safer than out here."

"I'll take my chances,"

"But-" he began to protest until a voice made the both of us froze.

"Emery!" Logan. "Emery I swear to god if I find you-"

"Be nice, Logan. She's not gonna come out if you threaten to kill her." Megan shouted as a slap echoed through the darkness.

"You didn't have to hit me!"

I smiled and the man placed his hands in his pockets. "Go on," he cocked his head to the side.

"I...." I stared up at his beautiful eyes and bit my bottom lip. Will we meet again? "See you,"

What a pussy!

He nodded and I ran towards my friends.

"Emery! Where the hell were you? Do you have any idea how worried we were?" Megan shouted as she jumped into my arms.

"Are you okay?" Tina asked.

I nodded. "I'm okay, guys."

"We explained everything to your dad. He's sorry and he's worried about you." Logan smiled.

I nodded "Let's go home....I'm freezing."

They smiled and we all linked arms before walking back. I gave one last glance behind me but he was gone.

We'll meet again.